• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Netflix:  Cobra Kai Season 3  This season, of the three, goes heavy into the movies.  A lot of flashbacks and cameos, and a lot of moving storylines.  It especially gives a backstory into the Kreese storyline.  This is a heavy dose of Karate Kid 1 and 2.  Definitely worth it if you liked the movies or previous episodes.  

4 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Cobra Kai Season 3  This season, of the three, goes heavy into the movies.  A lot of flashbacks and cameos, and a lot of moving storylines.  It especially gives a backstory into the Kreese storyline.  This is a heavy dose of Karate Kid 1 and 2.  Definitely worth it if you liked the movies or previous episodes.  

Watched the entire season New Year's Day. This season was much better than season 2. William Zabka obviously carries the show. 

Spoiler

Terry Silver will be making a return for season 4 but not sure what else is left after that. 

1 minute ago, st1ckboy said:

Watched the entire season New Year's Day. This season was much better than season 2. William Zabka obviously carries the show. 

Hide contents

Terry Silver will be making a return for season 4 but not sure what else is left after that. 

Spoiler

Yeah, his stuck in the 80's is the perfect amount of humor that is needed for the show.  His character of all of them is definitely killing it.  The mixing in of Karate Kid 2 was pretty well done.  I do like the backstory of Kreese to set up Silver.  And Ali was a nice surprise that was kind of the bind to mend the rift.  

Rumors are, they may go into the Next Karate Kid.  But if they do that, it's probably for season 5.  With the way Netflix axes/does their shows, that would be dreaded season 3 for them where they like bringing the hatchet.

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  The Ripper  A docuseries about the Yorkshire Ripper.  It was well done, but I thought it went a bit quick in the end.  And how he was captured was very anticlimactic.  But hey, you know, I'm a fan of Netflix's true crime documentaries, so it's worth a watch.  

Yeah, the amount of time and effort that went into the investigation (even though they made some mistakes) was pretty impressive. And in the end they catch him through sheer dumb luck.

26 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  History of Swear Words  I couldn't finish this series.  It was just a bunch of comedians swearing, then complaining that swear words were racists or sexist.  Fuck those bitches.  Anyways, very little history, and a lot of SJWing.  

If you want funny, watch Schulz Saves America 

2 hours ago, Lou said:

Check out this show. Excellent. 

I've rewatched a lot of the HBO series in the last 10 months. The Night Of holds up really well, especially in comparison to some of the other series. (For example, when I was a teenager I thought Oz was just awesome, and so edgy. Rewatching it 20+ years later, I was shocked at how boring I found it. And there's a lot more naked dudes than I remembered.)

Netflix:  We can be Heroes  So this is a family friendly superhero movie, sequel to Sharkboy and Lavagirl.  It was pretty well done, and definitely a good one if you have young kids and want to watch a family movie.  What can I say, it was #4 on Netflix's list and a super hero movie so had to watch it.

HBO Max:  Ready Player One  I've been waiting for this one to hit the streaming circuit.  It's a video game movie that is a weird combination of Willy Wonka, Matrix, and Avatar.  Jist is it's a virtual reality video game that everyone plays.  The creator put 3 keys in the game, and whoever gets the 3 keys inherits the game and fortune.  It's pretty well done, and has heavy nostalgia to the 80's and 90's.  It was definitely a fun movie to watch.

On 8/26/2020 at 6:51 PM, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  High Score.  Definitely a must for any gamer or anyone that has played any games.  Goes from arcade games, to home consoles, to computer games.  Really informative, especially since I grew up through it.

Started watching this.

Boooooring.

8 hours ago, gotbeer said:

HBO Max:  Ready Player One  I've been waiting for this one to hit the streaming circuit.  It's a video game movie that is a weird combination of Willy Wonka, Matrix, and Avatar.  Jist is it's a virtual reality video game that everyone plays.  The creator put 3 keys in the game, and whoever gets the 3 keys inherits the game and fortune.  It's pretty well done, and has heavy nostalgia to the 80's and 90's.  It was definitely a fun movie to watch.

This might be the first good review I've read for that movie.