• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Thirteen 

BBC series from a few years back, about a girl who was kidnapped at 13, and then escapes after 13 years of captivity. It's more a story about what happens next - how the world has changed and life has started to pass her by. I think it's subtly an examination of the impact those years between the age of 13 and 26 have on our development and the complexity of the relationships we form. Really well written and well acted, and with just 5 episodes you can knock it out in one or two sittings. 

5 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Yup, I actually quite liked it, though I think season 1 is probably the best version of the show. I remember thinking, "I can't believe they let them put this on television."

honestly.  We were joking about what would be worse parenting.  Letting the kids watch Hannibal or GOT.  ha.  

I'm kinda tired of Hannibal to be honest.  It's gotten a bit repetitive for me.  I do like some procedural component to shows but generally like stuff that builds from episode to episode.  Give the audience a little bit of a wrap up but also keep them hanging.  So mostly hybrids.   

7 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

haven't but that's on the list.  To does keep your attention or are there more slow parts than not?  I don't mind a little of that but my wife tends to lose interest if there isn't consistent action.  

If you're referring to action such as car chases and ninja fights, then no. It is constantly dramatic, however. Liev Schreiber is fantastic in the lead role.  Jon Voight is great, too. 

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

honestly.  We were joking about what would be worse parenting.  Letting the kids watch Hannibal or GOT.  ha.  

I'm kinda tired of Hannibal to be honest.  It's gotten a bit repetitive for me.  I do like some procedural component to shows but generally like stuff that builds from episode to episode.  Give the audience a little bit of a wrap up but also keep them hanging.  So mostly hybrids.   

That's exactly how I felt about Hannibal. I ended up abandoning it.

9 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

haven't but that's on the list.  To does keep your attention or are there more slow parts than not?  I don't mind a little of that but my wife tends to lose interest if there isn't consistent action.  

I thought it was similar to the same family crime drama types....Sporanos like. So if she didn't like the family drama type lulls that pop up every now and then, then it may be an issue for her. But personally, I really dislike those parts and didn't find them overbearing or drawn out. It felt more like a slow burn or character development moment that gave great depth.

It was one of my favorites when it was running.

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

I thought it was similar to the same family crime drama types....Sporanos like. So if she didn't like the family drama type lulls that pop up every now and then, then it may be an issue for her. But personally, I really dislike those parts and didn't find them overbearing or drawn out. It felt more like a slow burn or character development moment that gave great depth.

It was one of my favorites when it was running.

nice.  will have to try it.  She loved Sopranos, Succession, Billions etc. but the queens gambit was a snooze fest for her.  

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

nice.  will have to try it.  She loved Sopranos, Succession, Billions etc. but the queens gambit was a snooze fest for her.  

You're good then. Haven't watched Succession yet, but it's the same ilk as Sopranos and Billions.

Not sure if you watched or liked Mad Men, but it reminded me of the character depth and character complexity. There was a depth and substance that I really found interesting .

Hope you enjoy it, too.

5 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

we were actually thinking of that next.  

So far so good. It's seems more fun than over the top serious, but I just started and can see some potential turns. Plus, it's only 5 ~45 minute episodes.

It does have a funny quirk though. I started to watch Money Heist when it first came out and it was a Spanish show with English subtitles, but I recently went back to revisit the show and now it's just dubbed with English voiceovers. So it takes a second to process the speaking that is out of sync. Lupin is the same, French show and French shot, but with English language.