• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

3 hours ago, st1ckboy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

There was also the drone with what looked to be stark industries colors and/or logo. Plus they were in color. So, yeah, maybe.

5 minutes ago, Tank said:
  Hide contents

There was also the drone with what looked to be stark industries colors and/or logo. Plus they were in color. So, yeah, maybe.

Spoiler

So this is one of those things I had to look up because I never read the comics. The symbol is for SWORD which I guess is kind of like what Shield was. Same thing was seen on the remote of whoever is watching the show in the credits and also was on that bee suit dude. 

7 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I didn’t know any of that, either. Thnx.

HBO Max:  Idiocracy  The biggest problem I had with this was Steve Carell.  I just don't think he's funny.  I couldn't get into the Office, because the main character was just too bland.  The supporting actors and story was funny.  But when the main character doesn't do it for you, it drops down quickly.  So if you are a Steve Carell fan, this is probably a good one.  I just couldn't get past his character.

HBO Max:  Rampage  Another stupid movie.  But as a kid I loved the video game.  There was no plot or story behind the game, just Hulk Smash, so at least the movie tried a bit to put a story in there.  Although the whole evil corporation, with the evil CEO thing didn't work at all.  So I put it in the same category as the Resident Evil movies.  They are stupid, but since I liked the game, I just put this as part of the game.  And they kind of stayed true to the game.  

9 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

HBO Max:  Idiocracy  The biggest problem I had with this was Steve Carell.  I just don't think he's funny.  I couldn't get into the Office, because the main character was just too bland.  The supporting actors and story was funny.  But when the main character doesn't do it for you, it drops down quickly.  So if you are a Steve Carell fan, this is probably a good one.  I just couldn't get past his character.

HBO Max:  Rampage  Another stupid movie.  But as a kid I loved the video game.  There was no plot or story behind the game, just Hulk Smash, so at least the movie tried a bit to put a story in there.  Although the whole evil corporation, with the evil CEO thing didn't work at all.  So I put it in the same category as the Resident Evil movies.  They are stupid, but since I liked the game, I just put this as part of the game.  And they kind of stayed true to the game.  

Steve Carell wasn't in Idiocracy. 

5 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

You should give The Office another try.

Luke Wilson Great Show GIF by Team Coco

I've been thinking about it.  The clips I've seen are really funny, and seem like the show would be right up my alley.  So it might be one of those slow starters, and I just need to power through season 1.

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I've been thinking about it.  The clips I've seen are really funny, and seem like the show would be right up my alley.  So it might be one of those slow starters, and I just need to power through season 1.

Some people don't like the first season, but I have no issues with it. They do change Michael Scott into more of a likable loser rather than an asshole in season 2. 

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Luke Wilson's character isn't funny in Idiocracy. His job is to simply spend 90 minutes acting out this gif...

image.gif.0bde9d8c4948e5890182772dcf605f2e.gif.f18b17c8a1ebdf8eda8e723eaad30e08.gif

16 hours ago, Lou said:

Watched the first episode Ted Lasso.

Didn't laugh once. 

I didn't laugh at the first episode either.  I thought it got better with each episode, but it's not really a comedy.  It's more of a dramedy than a comedy.

Edited by T.G.

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

There was absolutely no drama either. 

After the first episode, I stopped watching it.  I picked it back up when someone posted a good clip in this thread.  The story didn't resonate with me at first, but the Ted Lasso character grew on me.  It's an interesting (although far-fetched) story.  I guess it's not really a drama either... I think dramedy best describes it, but that's probably not the best description either.

I'd recommend giving it a couple more episodes, but it just might not be your cup of tea.

Edited by T.G.