• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

18 hours ago, Tank said:

im still not sure why this series is called Fargo since there hasn’t been anything filmed in that city yet, only a few vague references to it. 

I only watched the movie and the first season, but I assume it's because the show is derived from the movie....same writing style, dark comedy, etc.

18 minutes ago, Redondo said:

Watched the first 2 episodes last night.

Only 3 this season.

Reveal hidden contents

The season is not limited to 3 episodes.  They will release a new episode each week, like they did with The Boyz series.

1 minute ago, fishbulb said:

TENET

8.5/10

I'm so happy I didn't see this in theaters. Having closed captions and being able to go back in scenes made this a better watch than seeing it in theaters, which I honestly think may have been frustrating.

I can't wait to rewatch it.

The commercial looks cool, but also throws me off. What movie(s) is this comparable to? I know it's a Nolan flick, but get an Inception vibe.

This is the only thing out/new that has my attention.

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

The commercial looks cool, but also throws me off. What movie(s) is this comparable to? I know it's a Nolan flick, but get an Inception vibe.

This is the only thing out/new that has my attention.

Of his other films, it's certainly the most like Inception. The character building is secondary to the technical structure of the film/plot.

There were moments where I was thinking "what the f is going on?" and it definitely relies on you accepting a lot of BS.

I think watching it again will be a fun exercise in seeing if the film actually holds to its rules. I can think of at least one that it doesn't seem to stick to for too long.

Definitely best seen with the home theater on full blast.

50 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

TENET

8.5/10

I'm so happy I didn't see this in theaters. Having closed captions and being able to go back in scenes made this a better watch than seeing it in theaters, which I honestly think may have been frustrating.

I can't wait to rewatch it.

Thanks Rona?

This probably would have been one I saw in theaters.  But still sounds like one I will eventually see.

Adam-12 ME TV

It is fun to see LA as it was in the 70s.  I think the first season had a lot of backlot exteriors,  but S2 and later seems to have exclusively used actual locations.  Lots of actors show up in minor guest roles.  I've seen Butch Patrick, Dick Van Patten, Dick Whittinghill, Paul Gleason and Scatman Crothers to name a few.

I had forgotten that Reed was a track star in HS.  He gets to use that speed on a regular basis.

Edited by Slegnaac

Started watching Catch-22 on Hulu last night. I read the book back in the 80s and don’t remember a lot about it so this a refresher. It’s entertaining and I’m glad to have found it.

For no particular reason the wife and I started watching Manhunt: Deadly Games on Netflix. I was intrigued because it starts off focusing on the Atlanta Olympic park bombing in 1996. It’s connected to a secondary event that’s really interesting. I don’t know how accurate and true to details it is, but the fbi looks like complete blowhards. I actually watched part of this series on a Saturday night a few weeks ago, which is surprising given the amount of swearing they use. It’s a good story. There’s an ATF guy in it that I really like.

4 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

Adam-12 ME TV

It is fun to see LA as it was in the 70s.  I think the first season had a lot of backlot exteriors,  but S2 and later seems to have exclusively used actual locations.  Lots of actors show up in minor guest roles.  I've seen Butch Patrick, Dick Van Patten, Dick Whittinghill, Paul Gleason and Scatman Crothers to name a few.

I had forgotten that Reed was a track star in HS.  He gets to use that speed on a regular basis.

Yeah, it's always fun to watch shows/movies that film on location as kind of a timecapsule of that time for an area like Los Angeles.  Films that stick out in my mind.  Terminator and Falling Down.  

5 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

Adam-12 ME TV

I used to watch it when it came out.

Good show at the time and filmed in LA

Glad you are enjoying it.