• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

18 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I just re-watched Wall Street with the lady-friend and it was both great and bad at the same time. Some of the acting was truly horrible: especially Charlie Sheen and Daryl Hannah, but I also wonder if that was part of the point in casting them: making them look like vapid yuppies. But Martin Sheen and Michael Douglas were both great, and the message of the film is even more relevant today as it was in 1987.

I watched the first episode of Raised by Wolves and was intrigued, but am lukewarm on continuing from what I've read of reviews. But I'll give it another episode or two.

I was binge-watching House and really enjoyed it, but lost steam midway through season 7. Gregory House's political incorrectness seems from a different era. Oh, the good old days.

We watched The Irishman a few weeks ago and I thought it was rather tedious. I hated the CGI (or whatever they did to make them look a bit younger), and it felt like a poor version of Goodfellas, without the magic.

Still love House.  My son has been assigned several episodes of it for his Psychology class.

I still think the character is top 10 for tv

2 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Still love House.  My son has been assigned several episodes of it for his Psychology class.

I still think the character is top 10 for tv

House is one of my faves - especially those early seasons.

First time I watched a single episode (the pilot), I binged the entire first season. 

9 hours ago, mrwicked said:

House is one of my faves - especially those early seasons.

First time I watched a single episode (the pilot), I binged the entire first season. 

That’s on my list of shows to watch.

Edit: Thought it was on Hulu and it’s not.

Edited by T.G.

2 hours ago, Tank said:

Just finished S1 of Broadchurch. W O W. The S1 finale was one of the most powerful episodes of television I can remember.

Yeah that's a great finale. Good show.

Just about to finish up The Queens Gambit... it's solidly watchable. Seems like it wants to catch those Mad Men period vibes but it just isn't made with the same level of craft. The storytelling is a little uneven. I keep expecting them to pull off an emotionally impactful moment in a clever way but it hasn't come yet. 

21 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Yeah that's a great finale. Good show.

Just about to finish up The Queens Gambit... it's solidly watchable. Seems like it wants to catch those Mad Men period vibes but it just isn't made with the same level of craft. The storytelling is a little uneven. I keep expecting them to pull off an emotionally impactful moment in a clever way but it hasn't come yet. 

that's a good analysis. she's a sympathetic character but you want her to have some kind of emotional breakthrough and warm up to those around her.

is a second season in the works?

16 minutes ago, Tank said:

that's a good analysis. she's a sympathetic character but you want her to have some kind of emotional breakthrough and warm up to those around her.

is a second season in the works?

Im not sure but with it's success Im sure they are open to it!

I don't even have a problem with how they handle her character, it's more the storytelling mechanics of some of it.

Spoiler

After her step mom dies she has one moment dedicated to processing the loss (looking at the coffee cup) and that is instantly interrupted by the arrival of a new love interest (Beltik). I'm not sure what their relationship does for the story aside from allowing her to ignore her mothers death (they almost say as much when he leaves). Their relationship is awkward, he doesn't really teach her anything about chess nor do they develop any sort of emotional bond. It also plays into this awkward trope of having all the male opponents becoming love interests, and Im assuming she ends up having a budding romance with the best looking one from her first tournament. I keep waiting for the show to show me that she is has learned something but it seems more focused on showing how time has passed.

Finished S4 of Fargo. The last four episodes were very good. Didn’t really care for Chris Rock in the lead as he was too stiff as an actor. Didn’t really like Jason Schwartzman as the lead, either. It seemed like he didn’t have the camera presence to be believeable as a capo.

one thing I’ve appreciated thru the series is how they tie in characters from one season into another. 

im still not sure why this series is called Fargo since there hasn’t been anything filmed in that city yet, only a few vague references to it. 

5 hours ago, Tank said:

Finished S4 of Fargo.
im still not sure why this series is called Fargo since there hasn’t been anything filmed in that city yet, only a few vague references to it. 

Fargo only comes up occasionally in all 4 seasons.

Spoiler

Didn't Mike Mulligan end up in Fargo?

On 4/10/2020 at 4:14 AM, Redondo said:

Finished S4 of the The Expanse

Reveal hidden contents

The Expanse S5 has released on Prime.