• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What have you watched recently? (Please use the hide function for spoilers or plot lines)

Watched E3 and 4 of S3 of Whitechapel and it was ok. Started to watch E5 and decided I needed a break. 

Watched the pilot of American Horror Story since it's been mentioned a lot on here. Became more interested when I saw Connie Britton as one of the stars; however, about 20 or so minutes in, I bailed because I thought it was just dumb.

Maybe I'll check out S2...

Watched the first episode of DCI Banks and it was as ok. Might watch some more.

I tell ya... "The Killing," "Cardinal," and the first 2 seasons of "Fargo" really set the bar for me as far as crime dramas go.

Also, looking forward to new seasons of "For All Mankind" and "The Right Stuff."

Also glad S3 of "A Million Little Things" has started.

2 hours ago, T.G. said:

Watched E3 and 4 of S3 of Whitechapel and it was ok. Started to watch E5 and decided I needed a break.

Watched the first episode of DCI Banks and it was as ok. Might watch some more.

I tell ya... "The Killing," "Cardinal," and the first 2 seasons of "Fargo" really set the bar for me as far as crime dramas go.

That's where I am with Whitechapel. Not the best, but good enough to watch compared to what other shows are out there.

DCI Banks take a few episodes to get into. Character familiarity helps as you go along.

Broadchurch is on the level of The Killing and Cardinal. Good show.

Went to watch more of The Right Stuff only to discover S1 was only 8 episodes and I finished watching it last week.

started watching S1 of The Queens Gambit. It’s about an orphan girl who becomes a chess whiz. Three episodes in and enjoying it. 

S3 E3 of Fargo — meh. I find it curious that none of the stories actually take place in Fargo. Not much of it has even been in North Dakota really.

Edited by Tank

On 11/28/2020 at 7:26 AM, T.G. said:

American Horror Story since it's been mentioned a lot on here. Became more interested when I saw Connie Britton as one of the stars; however, about 20 or so minutes in, I bailed because I thought it was just dumb.

Maybe I'll check out S2...

Unless you're a horror genre fan, you probably won't like American Horror Story. Although Season 2 might hold up better for non-horror fans. It's my favorite season.

Netflix:  Undercover  A Swedish Undercover film.  I thought it was a pass series.  Totally unbelievable situations.  Where the shit cop comes out on top in the end, even though he gets found out a number of times.  Just read the what have you learned from movies and you will get a gist of everything that happens in this series.  

Netflix:  Hillbilly Elegy  One of those growing up type movies, where the main character goes back home to help family.  it's full of flashbacks of when he was growing up.  It was really well done, where the Ron Howard film style really worked.  The characters were all really well done, and it caught my attention through the whole thing.  Probably going to be a strong Oscar contender, especially for Glen Close and Amy Adams.  Definitely worth a watch.

Netflix:  The Liberator  Couldn't get past the first few minutes.  I was expecting a war movie, and it's a war movie in a animation style similar to the final episode of the Blacklist this season.  Kind of like they were making a comic book, but as a movie.  It might be a good story, but the presentation just killed it.

On 11/25/2020 at 12:48 PM, Keener said:

Anyone on the newest season of Fargo?  

I dig it.  Not totally sold on Chris Rock, but the rest of the cast has been outstanding.   I was mindblown to see that one of the characters is played by the same guy who was Richard Harrow (mask guy) on Boardwalk Empire.  

Looks like some origin material for season 2 as well.

Reveal hidden contents

Mike Milligan and Joe Bulo?

I didn't even know this came out....Guess it was underwhelming. Oh well. I'll still check it out.

Season 1 and 2 were amazing.

22 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Netflix:  Hillbilly Elegy  One of those growing up type movies, where the main character goes back home to help family.  it's full of flashbacks of when he was growing up.  It was really well done, where the Ron Howard film style really worked.  The characters were all really well done, and it caught my attention through the whole thing.  Probably going to be a strong Oscar contender, especially for Glen Close and Amy Adams.  Definitely worth a watch.

I read a review saying it was horrible. But the reviewer sounded like "it wasnt good because its message of "X" is against my beliefs", not so much "i didnt like it as a unbiased movie watcher"

Its based on a book, right? I might be confusing it with a book in my kindle i havent gotten around to yet.

Just now, ten ocho recon scout said:

I read a review saying it was horrible. But the reviewer sounded like "it wasnt good because its message of "X" is against my beliefs", not so much "i didnt like it as a unbiased movie watcher"

Its based on a book, right? I might be confusing it with a book in my kindle i havent gotten around to yet.

Yes it's based on a book.  I don't know what beliefs the reviewer has.  I thought it was a story about drug abuse, mental illness, and family dynamics.  The other thing is, it's not really hillbilly, but more white trash.