• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

19 Years

Hubs

19 years ago today the Angels won Game 7 of their only World Series to date.

Seems like yesterday.

I don't believe anyone is still playing in the league besides Pujols who played in that postseason. LaRussa and Baker are still managing. 

We also talk about the Angels having a mid grade pitching staff. But they let the American League in fewest runs at 644. 

I watched the series with my ex girlfriend as she and I were trying to work things out. We didn’t.

Less than Two months later I met a new girl.

I went to the Caribbean to film a movie.

Came back, fell in love and married the girl. Had two kids.

Started two new jobs. Quit two others

Built, managed and directed a theater company that went from nothing to being voted Best Small Theater in Orange County, then was forced to close due to a global pandemic.

The list goes on.

yup, seems just like yesterday.

39 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

19 years is way too long between World Series.  I feel like the Angels should be in a WS every decade at a minimum.

Meh.... theres like 3 teams maybe that can claim that? 

The worse thing, to me, was an article I read a few months back. It was about teams with the longest droughts between playoff wins.

I had no idea. We were near the bottom. I know its been awhile, but I guess I missed all the "forgettable" teams (where we would fit in with other fanbases) who have been to the playoffs the last several years.