• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Daron Sutton let go

mmc

I guess Sutton had too much personality and charisma for the Angels? I haven't watched many games this year but he always seemed to bring it whenever Ohtani hit a bomb.

Definitely weird considering Gubi and Mota still have jobs. No one enjoys listening to them. Most either dislike or are indifferent.

3 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Say what you will about Sutton's broadcast skills a mid season firing is shocking. Considering how long Mota and Gubi AND SMITH have hung on you'd think no matter how bad Sutton was he'd last at least through the season.

3 hours ago, JoJo26 said:

Gubi & Sutton turned into a total homer act. All Ohtani..all the time. I mean, it was gushing homerism.

Matt isn't the most unbias announcer either: "Get down! Get down!" - I mean - stop rooting.

I've been around since the days of Enberg, Drysdale, Bob Starr, etc....and. .IMO...Sutton was not the best. Maybe it's doing game in front of a monitor and not in person...but the team of Gubi & Sut / Matt have become somewhat unlistenable.

Never thought I'd miss Victor Rojas...but I do. 

for the life of me i will never understand why people don't want the in-house broadcast to openly be rooting for the team. it's not espn or fox or whatever, it's angels broadcast. so weird.

31 minutes ago, NrM said:

I guess Sutton had too much personality and charisma for the Angels? I haven't watched many games this year but he always seemed to bring it whenever Ohtani hit a bomb.

Definitely weird considering Gubi and Mota still have jobs. No one enjoys listening to them. Most either dislike or are indifferent.

I like Gubi and Mota

1 hour ago, Jason said:

That’s weird because he isn’t new to this. 

Yes, I suppose it is. I actually didn't know his background when he came on board so he seemed like a pick out of the blue to me. Makes it even stranger to me that he has a background doing this and still couldn't speak well to the actual baseball stuff.

9 minutes ago, ettin said:

Yes, I suppose it is. I actually didn't know his background when he came on board so he seemed like a pick out of the blue to me. Makes it even stranger to me that he has a background doing this and still couldn't speak well to the actual baseball stuff.

And Matt Vasgersian doesn't know what WAR is...

I just don't understand why this had to happen in the middle of the season, especially with no clear replacement plan moving forward.

Maybe there's more to it that explains it, but it just looks like a classless move by the Angels right now.

1 minute ago, Trendon said:

I just don't understand why this had to happen in the middle of the season, especially with no clear replacement plan moving forward.

Maybe there's more to it that explains it, but it just looks like a classless move by the Angels right now.

There's obviously more to it and I'm sure the team has a clear replacement.

like the rest of you, the timing on this is puzzling and raises questions.

i found sutton to be much more interesting than victor rojas, but i wasn't a big fan. seemed like a nice guy and definitely was an angels fan. i agree that there's clearly more going on here than we know yet.

i still don't understand why vasgersian isn't on board full time yet. seems more than a little odd to me that he hasn't been able to do this full time yet. but then again, he seems like he's completely in awe of where he is and it comes off sounding kind of childish at times.

if this leads to us hearing more mota, all of us lose. the fact that mota still gets a live mic put in front of him night after night is as mysterious to me as stonehenge. he's the vic the brick of the angels, and that's not a compliment.

3 hours ago, Blarg said:

A nightmare would be Seeing Eye Dog Smith doing the television feed. The man hasn't seen a pitch in 5 years let alone the trajectory of a hit to the outfield.   

I was listening to the game on the way somewhere the other day, and during an Ohtani AB (!!!) he called the first pitch a little outside (which means it was really down and in), and then proceeded to talk about something else that should have taken 5 seconds but took Terry 2 minutes, and the next thing he called about the game was the 3-2 pitch to Ohtani.

And you're completely right about the trajectory thing.  According to Terry, every single base hit to the outfield "drops in there" whether it's a blooper or a 110 mph rope into the gap.