• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Daron Sutton let go

mmc

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

That's true. And I suppose that's another way to go about things. Perhaps he suspects why, but hasn't been given a reason. I don't know why Sutton says he has no idea. 

I’m going to assume for the potential of future earnings lost if he goes that route

5 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

I’m going to assume for the potential of future earnings lost if he goes that route

His future earnings would not be hurt by him saying they decided to part ways. I have no doubt another organization can find out exactly what led to his firing. By saying he has no idea would paint him as a liar, which is even worse. 

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

That's what I would assume, but I wasn't told anything about him and so I don't know. I don't know Arte's faith or his involvement in the selection of the broadcast team or if he's involved in HR duties. 

You don't think Arte, the owner, would be influential in deciding whether or not to fire the main broadcaster of his team? I don't think there's any way possible he wouldn't be. 

5 minutes ago, Lou said:

You don't think Arte, the owner, would be influential in deciding whether or not to fire the main broadcaster of his team? I don't think there's any way possible he wouldn't be. 

This part is just a guess, but Arte probably leaves a lot of the duties of his front office to remain under his radar. Then when it comes time for an actual personnel change, that's b when he's involved. 

Like once, I took a teaching position where myself and another teacher would butt heads and couldn't agree on anything. To make it work, we did our best and worked under the department had or vice principal to work it out (that and basic professionalism). It never escalated to the point where the superintendent needed to be involved or anything. 

18 minutes ago, Lou said:

Robert McNamara followed orders. 

He did and I'm sure Carpino does also.

My point is McNamara, as a most trusted advisor, had incredible influence over the policy decisions JFK and LBJ made regarding Cuba, Viet Nam and the framework of the Cold War.

I think Carpino fills this role with Arte. So if he said Sutton needs to go then Arte would listen and most likely agree with the move.

3 minutes ago, Second Base said:

This part is just a guess, but Arte probably leaves a lot of the duties of his front office to remain under his radar. Then when it comes time for an actual personnel change, that's b when he's involved. 

Like once, I took a teaching position where myself and another teacher would butt heads and couldn't agree on anything. To make it work, we did our best and worked under the department had or vice principal to work it out (that and basic professionalism). It never escalated to the point where the superintendent needed to be involved or anything. 

Sorry, but that isn't anywhere close to Arte owning a multi-billion dollar organization.

Just now, Lou said:

Sorry, but that isn't anywhere close to Arte owning a multi-billion dollar organization.

You're right, a multi-billion dollar organization would have significantly less interference from the owner in day to day business. 

But we are getting off track. The point is, I don't know if Arte was involved or not or even to what degree. 

2 minutes ago, Angels Fan Forever said:

He did and I'm sure Carpino does also.

My point is McNamara, as a most trusted advisor, had incredible influence over the policy decisions JFK and LBJ made regarding Cuba, Viet Nam and the framework of the Cold War.

I think Carpino fills this role with Arte. So if he said Sutton needs to go then Arte would listen.

Right, Arte would definitely factor into the decision. That's my point. 

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

You're right, a multi-billion dollar organization would have significantly less interference from the owner in day to day business. 

You better believe he would have a say in who the face of his broadcast team is. That isn't a day-to-day operation thing. It's a big organizational decision. A school superintendent doesn't own the school. 

Like I said, it's a bad comparison.