• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Call up Jo Adell now

Upton over the past 15 games has hit .140/.240/.349 in 49 PA's with 19 K's

Lagares over the past 15 games has hit .294/.351/.500 in 37 PA's with 9 K's

Keep playing Lagares, call up Adell and now all of a sudden our defense looks pretty good with Adell/Lagares/Ward.

14 minutes ago, IheartLA said:

Upton over the past 15 games has hit .140/.240/.349 in 49 PA's with 19 K's

Lagares over the past 15 games has hit .294/.351/.500 in 37 PA's with 9 K's

Keep playing Lagares, call up Adell and now all of a sudden our defense looks pretty good with Adell/Lagares/Ward.

So, Adell is now good defensively?  He probably isn’t better defensively than Upton to be honest. 

30 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So, Adell is now good defensively?  He probably isn’t better defensively than Upton to be honest. 

At this point you or I would be better in LF than Upton. By all accounts Adell has gotten "so much better" in the outfield since last year. Those were Maddon's exact words, it's not out of the realm that a guy that athletic and young will be at least average at this point with plenty of upside. He's also scorching the ball at the plate.

So to conclude: electric bat / unknown defense > shit bat / cement legs

Edited by IheartLA

35 minutes ago, IheartLA said:

At this point you or I would be better in LF than Upton. By all accounts Adell has gotten "so much better" in the outfield since last year. Those were Maddon's exact words, it's not out of the realm that a guy that athletic and young will be at least average at this point with plenty of upside. He's also scorching the ball at the plate.

So to conclude: electric bat / unknown defense > shit bat / cement legs

Well if you have watched Upton then you would see that he has played much better defensively this year.  

16 minutes ago, ukyah said:

if our outfield is adell, legares, ward, then just pack up the circus tent.

Yea, I really don’t know what the answer is without Trout.  I mean if we want to go with the best defensive OF then we could accomplish that by promoting Marsh and making the outfield Marsh, Legares and Ward.  The best offensive OF would probably be Upton, Legares and Adell.  Regardless none of those contain Rojas in the OF.  

I actually trust the Angels on this one. They've learned their lesson from last year and want Adell to succeed. While I'm as anxious as anyone for the youth revolution, I'd rather they play it safe then rush him again. There is really no harm in waiting, giving him time to be a more polished product once he comes up.

That said, I don't think it will be long, but I'd guess at least two more weeks and possibly another month. But right now...too soon, imo. Let him feel into his new, tighter approach and build that confidence. He's obviously working very hard, and it sends the wrong message to him that "OK, you're working hard and will be instantly rewarded." Give him a chance to sustain it.

11 hours ago, Stradling said:

Yea, I really don’t know what the answer is without Trout.  I mean if we want to go with the best defensive OF then we could accomplish that by promoting Marsh and making the outfield Marsh, Legares and Ward.  The best offensive OF would probably be Upton, Legares and Adell.  Regardless none of those contain Rojas in the OF.  

But two OF Assists in one game......

So lets just say that the slide step instead of the high knee kick has been a true epiphany for Jo Adell (Only 6 Ks in past 27 PAs, big improvement on 21 Ks in the previous 47 PAs before that). That is great news but he still sucks defensively and there is no light switch moment for learning how to shag a flyball. Buy him a 1st baseman's glove or let him DH and put Walsh /Otani in LF. Desperate times call for desperate action.