• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Call up Jo Adell now

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

we hadn't noticed.  (check the minor league thread)

i'm a meat and potatoes guy. i never venture into the other forums.

i'll assume that there was much ado about his lack of maturity, etc. with increased calls to trade him now while he still has prospect value?

28 minutes ago, eligrba said:

I will go on record and say at this time, Taylor Ward is a better option. Ward"s defense is light years ahead of what Adell showed last year. Offensively, I think Ward puts up better at bats than Adell showed.

Remember that 2020 Adell was not as advanced as he likely is now.

Swing is much more fluid, and he seems to handle LF just fine.

Sooo, the time may be a month or so away from making the big decision on the sub .200 hitting Upton.

Comparing his swing year to year it appears that he has reduced his high leg-kick to more of a low toe-slide, so he should have a shorter time to the ball and better timing on the faster stuff. His drive through the ball is excellent, look at his hips at the point of contact on the slo-mo - that ball was never staying in. All seemingly sustainable changes which is very encouraging. I feel much more confident about his MLB future with this swing. Go Jo, prove the doubters wrong sunshine.

17 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

How has his defense been?

From the few videos I've seen he appears to be taking better routes to the fly-balls, but is still making silly mistakes when he takes his eye off a ground ball just a fraction of a second before it's in the glove, so a routine play ends up being an error. If he can cut out the basic errors by slowing his mind down he should be fine on D. Just my take.

What is best for Joe Adell is best for the Angels. So what is best for Jo Adell?

Well, let's say he's truly turned the corner and is having better at-bats and improved defense. If so, it is really only within the last week or two. The power was there earlier, but there seems to be a further shift more recently. Similarly with the defense.

Do you call him up as soon as you notice a difference? Meaning, now? Or do you wait a bit, let him settle in and solidify his approach?

As much as I look forward to seeing him (and Marsh) up, I don't think the right time is quite yet. But at least the clock is now ticking. Before his more recent shift, it was always some indefinite time in the future, once he started to figure things out. Now that it looks like things are starting to gel for him, the hourglass has turned. But I'd give him a bit more time in the minors. That maybe be only two or three weeks.

Fact: Adell hits a few homers

AW: Call up Adell now

Angels: He still needs to work on some things (like his defense).

Fact: Adell hits a couple more homers

AW: How about now?

Angels: He still working on some things.

Angels: Crickets...

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

Also ...

Fact: Adell hits a homer.

AW: HE'S READY. BRING HIM UP NOW.

Fact: Adell goes 0-for-4 with 2 Ks.

AW: HE'S DONE. ANOTHER FAILED PROSPECT.

Fact: Adell hits another homer.

AW: HE'S READY. BRING HIM UP NOW.

x100

4 hours ago, eligrba said:

I will go on record and say at this time, Taylor Ward is a better option. Ward"s defense is light years ahead of what Adell showed last year. Offensively, I think Ward puts up better at bats than Adell showed.

I'm not sure about that.  Ward is stinking it up at the plate.  His good stretch last year was below average. He's 27.  He needs to produce.  Soon.

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

Al Waterman is a Red Sox fan. Who cares what he thinks

4 hours ago, Angels_Make_Me_Drink said:

Tatis does that start and go before 3rd base, too. Its weird. Doesn’t bother me like it does some of you old fucks, but it is a weird way to pimp it. What’s the point? Stick with a good bat flip 

i think it looks dumb as could be, but the flip side is that he's doing because he just hit another homer, and i can live with that.