• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols released...

1 minute ago, bloodbrother said:

This keeps getting better. He can't run and he can't field, but at least he's hitting the ball hard.

I mean, yeah, it's right at people and opposing teams can throw him out from left field. But still! 

So he acted like a spoil kid? 

He's been here for 10 years, he's sucked most of those 10 years. he should be thankful that he even got his atbats with how awful he's been for that past few years. 

if, i were to say, I would say that this was already planned. Last year the plan was for Pujols to work his ass of to get playing time, and i would say it was the same.

Wow this really is smelling like FO drama. If Arte or Perry really told Maddon to sit him then there is a so much more to this story. 

Sounds like Arte is fed up with this losing. Maybe he’s had an epiphany....

Im Not Maya Rudolph GIF by Saturday Night Live

Just now, Vlad27Trout27 said:

So he acted like a spoil kid? 

He's been here for 10 years, he's sucked most of those 10 years. he should be thankful that he even got his atbats with how awful he's been for that past few years. 

if, i were to say, I would say that this was already planned. Last year the plan was for Pujols to work his ass of to get playing time, and i would say it was the same.

I think nobody here knows what exactly led to this 

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

And he will hit 6 HR against us. 

If any Angels pitcher throws Albert something besides a breaking ball, they are freaking idiots. 

So yeah, you're probably right. 

I don’t have much sympathy for him. He fraudulently induced the Angels into giving him a large contract and then refused to walk away when it became clear he could no longer contribute. As a fan, I have been negatively impacted by the constraints his salary has put on payroll (and therefore player acquisition). 

14 minutes ago, Spirit said:

@Spirit I agree. I mean Trout was one hell of a talent and he may have been just as good without Pujols' mentorship. 

To be honest, I think Torii Hunter was more of a mentor to Trout, albeit brief for two years. 

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I was going to take the night off from watching the Angels. Now I couldn't be more thrilled and interested in watching a Pujols-less Angels club! 

I will be at the game tonight.  I’m wondering what the mood will be with the team?

I know what the mood will be in our section.  

E35D7A09-6C52-4F92-AD46-B6CF00984BF4.jpeg

1 minute ago, mmc said:

Pujols hasn't really been a viable major leaguer since around 2016. He's essentially been a charity case going on 5 seasons yet he still thinks of himself as if he were still in his Cardinal days. There is zero chance he ever plays again beyond a single game or home series at the end of the year with the Cardinals.