• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols released...

4 minutes ago, Biergott said:

Not sure how I feel about this.  After all this time, in his last year, to just cut him after the FO benches him feels like dirty pool.  It’s not like he’s singlehandedly cost us these games and certainly isn’t a damn pitcher.

this feels wrong in so many ways to treat a first ballot HOFer this way this late in his contract.

I am not saying we are not better off without him by any means, but it doesn’t feel like something the Angels would do. 

there’s got to be more to this story.  A lot more.  I really hope he requested it.  and that the decision was his.  Then at least we’d have clear conscience?  But on the surface we look like aholes

I have a clear conscience.

The man had a great career and is, by all accounts, a great human.  

He's been terrible for a while.  His absence will help the team.

5 minutes ago, CanadianHalo said:

Thank god! 

I seriously hope this is a joke? Upset? The guy is f’n garbage. He’s lucky they even let his fat ass groove up the bench

Meh, the way it's worded could be taken more than one way.  It could mean he was upset to be sat down period, or that someone other than the manager made the call.  He's the guy that told JD to go pound sand remember.

Either way if that led for him to ask for his release.   Fine.

2 minutes ago, nate said:

Remember all the people that believed him that he would retire when it was time and not milk the contract for all it was worth.

Even now he's salty about it. He'd play til 80 if someone paid him. 

Imagine if he got a Bobby Bonilla-type contract, our grandkids would be watching him play

2 minutes ago, Capital_Dave said:

People complain about the pitching but these are the plays that lose games.