• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols released...

They have removed him from the roster on the official site. No one has been called up but someone will be before tonight’s game. They have 13 pitchers, 11 hitters and Ohtani on the 26 man roster.

Of the 11 hitters not named Ohtani, they have just 4 infielders listed, 2 catchers and 5 outfielders (including Walsh).

Suzuki and Stassi are C.

Iglesias, Fletcher, Gosselin, and Rojas are infielders.

Trout, Upton, Lagares, Ward and Walsh are the OF.

Just now, Taylor said:

In before he gets picked up by the A's or Red Sox and hits 4 HR in a series against the Angels.

Honestly the As possibility terrifies me. But they're a smart team, so I doubt they sign him. But if they did he'd probably do a quick cycle or two and mash like .290/.360/.550 for the rest of the year. Because the As.

2 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Can't wait to see Justin Upton on the chopping block at the end of the season once Marsh/Adell are ready......

Best scenario there is for Upton to get hot around the trade deadline and we find a team that will take on at least most of the money he's owed next year.....

Just now, Hubs said:

They have removed him from the roster on the official site. No one has been called up but someone will be before tonight’s game. They have 13 pitchers, 11 hitters and Ohtani on the 26 man roster.

Of the 11 hitters not named Ohtani, they have just 4 infielders listed, 2 catchers and 5 outfielders (including Walsh).

Suzuki and Stassi are C.

Iglesias, Fletcher, Gosselin, and Rojas are infielders.

Trout, Upton, Lagares, Ward and Walsh are the OF.

Pena could be called up if they want an additional arm, but with basically a three man bench, I’d expect another hitter. So that’s likely Thaiss or Rengifo.

Just now, DMVol said:

Best scenario there is for Upton to get hot around the trade deadline and find a team that will take at least most of the money he's owed next year.....

Best scenario is Upton getting hot. He’s not being traded or released or even benched if he’s hot. Adell and Marsh are not mashing in SLC yet. Marsh is on the injured list. 

1 minute ago, Don said:

Honestly the As possibility terrifies me. But they're a smart team, so I doubt they sign him. But if they did he'd probably do a quick cycle or two and mash like .290/.360/.550 for the rest of the year. Because the As.

Terrifies you?  What?

He is done.  I would be thrilled if he signed with an AL west team for the same reason I am happy he is no longer in the Angel roster.

47 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Blast from the past, welcome back to the boards!

The Albertross and that contract literally destroyed my love of baseball and the Angels. Haven’t watched much baseball in the last 7 years because of him.

Im back now. 

Edited by YouthofToday
Grammar

Bottom Line..

It doesn't matter, he was making 30M owed 24M or so, we are a 1/2 game in last place in the AL WEST. 

His #'s have declined. His defense has declined. He is chasing BOMBS to pad his stats for Cooperstown at this point and anything less is either a flyout or a groundout. 

On a strictly Baseball move it should had been done 3 years ago. On a Fan level it seems shady due to the report about his benching coming from the FO last night. However, the bottom line is winning baseball games. Or, putting yourself in a spot to acquire a starting pitcher or two. 

In the immortal words of Mike Scioscia and Bob Seger- Turn the Page! 

6 minutes ago, angelsnationtalk said:

Can't wait to see Justin Upton on the chopping block at the end of the season once Marsh/Adell are ready......

I don’t know. I still have hope for Upton.

Pujols was done though.

2 minutes ago, YouthofToday said:

The Albertross and that contract literally destroyed my love of baseball and the Angels. Haven’t watched much baseball in the last 7 years because of him.

Im back now. 

YOT came home. Pujols literally brought AW together

Worth the 250 mill, if you ask me

Edited by ten ocho recon scout

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Terrifies you?  What?

He is done.  I would be thrilled if he signed with an AL west team for the same reason I am happy he is no longer in the Angel roster.

It was a joke about how the As seem to constantly find mediocre players/castoffs that magically become all star caliber players once they get to Oakland and destroy the Angels.

2 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Bottom Line..

It doesn't matter, he was making 30M owed 24M or so, we are a 1/2 game in last place in the AL WEST. 

His #'s have declined. His defense has declined. He is chasing BOMBS to pad his stats for Cooperstown at this point and anything less is either a flyout or a groundout. 

On a strictly Baseball move it should had been done 3 years ago. On a Fan level it seems shady due to the report about his benching coming from the FO last night. However, the bottom line is winning baseball games. Or, putting yourself in a spot to acquire a starting pitcher or two. 

In the immortal words of Mike Scioscia and Bob Seger- Turn the Page! 

Should have been done 6 years ago.