• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Albert Pujols released...

30 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

@MikeDiGiovanna
According to source, #Angels slugger Albert Pujols was upset that he wasn’t in lineup to face #Rays bulk LHP Ryan Yarbrough last night, and that the decision to bench him came from front office, not MGR Joe Maddon. Pujols was 6 for 9 with 2 HR, 2 2Bs, 7 RBIs vs. Yarbough.’

Cuz he can back it up with what?..... his .198 BA? 

I kind of feel sorry for him, in that you never see a guy of his stature getting dumped. (Not saying he didnt deserve it)

Moreso, i feel bad that he had a chance to end his career on a lot of all time lists, and covid robbed that.

Dont misinterpret that. I dont feel sorry for him... he fell apart, and still got paid. And it sounds like he was a primadonna about it.

Just too bad he was close to a few more records, and his last 2 "years" amounted to about 90 games. 

But like that play @Capital_Dave posted from the other night. He did himself in 

It honestly seems like this could have been handled by Albert and the team (maybe) a bit better. Sucks to have to release a HOF player in the final year of his career, but it had to be done. The optics are bad on both sides though. Pujols says he wants to keep playing, and that's just delusional on his part. I just wish someone from the Angels/someone in Pujols' camp could have talked him into taking a coaching position or something like that with the team. I'd have to think the Angels would have created a role for him on the staff to avoid this look.

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

One little revelation here is that Minasian evidently has cajones, assuming “front office” means him. Maybe he finally had enough seeing him get gunned down at second.

Yeah I don't think a decision like this is made without Arte pulling the trigger...

Many here wanted this for a long time, even before we actually had a viable replacement.  Once it became Clear that Walsh was the correct choice for the position it became inevitable.
I would have preferred to see him step down after last season as it was clear this was how things were going to go, but who among us really know when its time.
I thank him for all he did as a Halo, especially the mentoring of Trout, but, the name on the front still matters much more than the back so, its time to move forward.
He will be a first ballot hall of famer, as a Cardinal, there is little doubt of that.