• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This team...

I've been an Angels fans for forty years, but didn't start following them closely (on a day by day basis) until 1987. From then until 2001 I became inured with a kind of pattern: never expect much and focus on following favorite players. 2002-09 was an aberration. But since then, well, we're back to business as usual.

Edited by Angelsjunky

6 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Who would have Thought that missing rendon and Stassi would be this huge?

There's always an excuse. Good teams find a way to win, mainly through having depth. Our depth has sucked, partially because of the Rojas Experiment, and generallly because the second level players are all very mediocre.

That should change come June once the minor league season is well under way and guys down there have gotten 100+ PA, but it might be too late by then.

whoever would have thought that adding no one to our rotation wouldn't work out?

i still expect them to play better over the course of the season than the last five years. i just don't expect anything from them playoff wise.

This team isn’t good. Good teams don’t lose 2/3 to KC and Texas. Especially Texas.

8 hours ago, NrM said:

I don't think this team was ever meant to compete. Just to be competitive enough for Arte to collect his bag.

Pretty much. We saw Minasian take the exact same approach this offseason as Billy did the last 5. It’s obvious this is an ownership problem. 

Can’t wait for Arte to sign whichever shortstop he loves watching play next offseason to a huge deal that handcuffs this team for the following 5 years.

1 hour ago, CanadianHalo said:

This team isn’t good. Good teams don’t lose 2/3 to KC and Texas. Especially Texas.

Pretty much. We saw Minasian take the exact same approach this offseason as Billy did the last 5. It’s obvious this is an ownership problem. 

Can’t wait for Arte to sign whichever shortstop he loves watching play next offseason to a huge deal that handcuffs this team for the following 5 years.

I guess The Rays aren’t good then since Texas took 3/4 from them.  
I have no idea if this Angel team is good. It’ll take more than three weeks for that to be determined. 

29 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I guess The Rays aren’t good then since Texas took 3/4 from them.  
I have no idea if this Angel team is good. It’ll take more than three weeks for that to be determined. 

I think as the season goes on that Angels will be an average team. They won’t be terrible but they won’t be great either. 

6 minutes ago, wopphil said:

The pitching is, yet again, a problem. We won’t the division (or even a playoff spot) with a team ERA that ranks 14th out of 15 teams. It is obviously early and these numbers are likely to improve, but this again looks like a team that doesn’t have the pitching talent to compete.

Totally agree. They have just enough talent to be OK but not near enough to be a contender. The lack of depth is ultimately what is going to be their downfall