• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Blue Jays (4-10-2021)

Chuck

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

I really hope Maddon is not going with a straight platoon at 1B with Walsh/Pujols. 

Walsh hit .324 against southpaws with a .471 slugging .pct last season. 

Yeah, would be silly a straight platoon.  I get they will start Pujols, but in games like this, Walsh should be starting in RF.  Walsh should get some occasional days off, but the frequency of that is too high right now, as this is the 3rd game that he hasn't started already.  Given he's one of our top 3 hitters currently and blistering the ball, seems suboptimal to have him sit so often.

4 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I doubt they play this one....  The rain is coming and I doubt that field drains as well as a MLB park would.

Yeah it's not looking good, though you and I know that some of those thunderstorms can pass through pretty quickly in Florida. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-10 at 12.17.06 PM.png

4 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Why are people here still surprised to see Pujols? We are only 9 games in but this is how it's going to be for awhile. Again, 30 million, last year and he's one of the best ever. Maddon will keep going to his veteran and hopefully get it out of his system by the time August comes around.

If it was the 70s or 80s, we could at least hope aliens would abduct him and solve the problem. But they stopped visiting earth when the 90s got here, apparently, so were screwed

Vladdylonglegs disagrees, but he wont play with us on here anymore. (Hope hes ok)

11 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I really hope Maddon is not going with a straight platoon at 1B with Walsh/Pujols. 

The dude has done enough to prove he needs to play every day. Whether it’s at 1B or RF I don’t particularly care. But he’s easily one of the three best hitters on this team right now.

Just now, Taylor said:

You know, when we don't talk politics we agree on almost everything.

Except for in the Billy Eppler thread.

That’s why I stopped posting in the political forum. I started picking fights with you, cals, and those other dems.

also take a gander at the Billy Eppler thread. I posted something positive 

44 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

If it was the 70s or 80s, we could at least hope aliens would abduct him and solve the problem. But they stopped visiting earth when the 90s got here, apparently, so were screwed

Vladdylonglegs disagrees, but he wont play with us on here anymore. (Hope hes ok)

Bad news. He fell off the side of the earth. 

15 minutes ago, failos said:

That’s why I stopped posting in the political forum. I started picking fights with you, cals, and those other dems.

also take a gander at the Billy Eppler thread. I posted something positive 

Yep, I've been Spin Forum free for a few weeks now. I haven't lost anything.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

I doubt it.

Or maybe he suspected it was going to be a rainout, so he threw Pujols and Lagares a bone, but will start Walsh tomorrow.

Anyhow, over the course of the year I expect we'll see something like this, in terms of games started:

LF Upton 120, Lagares 10, Marsh/Adell 30

CF Trout 140, Lagares 10, Marsh/Adell 10

RF Fowler 70, Lagares 20, Walsh 20, Marsh/Adell 50

1B Walsh 110, Pujols 50

DH Ohtani 90, Walsh 20, Pujols 20, Others 30

Or something like that. And, of course, adjust for injury. Also, Rojas and Ward might get some time at DH, 1B, and the corner outfield spots.

The only players that I expect will get a full season's worth of starts (say, 130+ games) are Trout, Rendon, Fletcher, Walsh, Iglesias, and maybe Upton (if healthy/performing). Pujols, Fowler, and Lagares--and, of course, Stassi and Suzuki--are all platoon players.

Edited by Angelsjunky