• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Victor Rojas Appreciation Thread: Resigns as Angels play by play announcer

He had a good style. Informative.,cooly conversational, witty. Perfect for the pace and rhythm of baseball. 

I dislike the rabid homers who disrespect the opposition or meander into never ending stories.

Former team players are usually selected as full time team color broadcasters, but it isn't really a prerequisite. As long as it's someone smart, professional and knows strategy and has insight about MLB personnel.

P_20201224_222433_vHDR_Auto.jpg

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

I love Victor, and agree that he is/was an excellent PBP guy. But unless you regularly listen to every team's commentators, how can you possibly rank them?

That's just it, spending years in FL I had to get the MLB package to watch the Angels.  I'd always try to watch the opposing team's telecast at least once per series and seriously, Victor was great ... seriously great.   Kuiper has been mentioned and he too is pretty good but the only other guy I remotely saw as being as good as Victor is Orsillo.   Dude was with the Red Sox and while he was talking I didn't hate them -- he was that great for them.  

My guess is that the GM maneuver probably did factor into this in some way, whether on his side or the Angels'.  I imagine it would be somewhat awkward for the Angels to know that their PBP guy isn't entirely happy with that gig and had higher aspirations (and, in theory, any critiques of the team/management while broadcasting could then lead to speculation about motivations for those critiques).  And on his side, given that he pushed for an interview, but then didn't get the gig, going back to "just" announcing probably didn't seem all that fulfilling. 

Highly doubt his Big Fly clothing side gig bothered the Angels.

Well, this sucks. I wonder if he signed the letter "A Simple Man" as sort of a joke because that was the song that he was referring to when he mistakenly dropped the F-Bomb on the air? Pretty funny, if that's the case. In any event, I'm sorry to see him go. Hope they find a suitable replacement. Nothing worse than trying to watch 162 games, plus a long playoff run, when you can't stand the PBP guy.

5 minutes ago, Ray McKigney said:

Well, this sucks. I wonder if he signed the letter "A Simple Man" as sort of a joke because that was the song that he was referring to when he mistakenly dropped the F-Bomb on the air? Pretty funny, if that's the case. In any event, I'm sorry to see him go. Hope they find a suitable replacement. Nothing worse than trying to watch 182 games when you can't stand the PBP guy.

162 games. I guess that's the typo you can expect from someone left with nothing but a claw that relies on cub scouts to feed him.