• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Victor Rojas Appreciation Thread: Resigns as Angels play by play announcer

Victor Rojas has been a friend of mine personally, a big supporter of AngelsWin.com and a great play by play announcer for the Angels. 

What are some of your favorite calls or memories of @VictorRojas?

Here's some of our greatest moments as a website with Victor. 

2010: The OC Miracle League Charity Event with Victor Rojas

2011: AngelsWin.com with Victor Rojas and Dennis Kuhl at Hail Marys.

2012: Victor Rojas smashes a long home run in our annual charity softball tournament

2012: Full highlights including Victor Rojas in the field and with the bat

2013: Victor Rojas is interviewed at our OC Miracle League Softball event.

2013: AngelsWin.com Spring Fanfest Media Round Table with Victor Rojas and more (**A must WATCH**)

2020: Victor Rojas fireside chat with AngelsWin.com & the fans

with victor out, i'd replace the whole booth, not a fan of gubi. 

and i agree with the consensus, victor was good at his job. bummer to see him go, but i'm not surprised he definitely has other interests he's pursuing. i wonder if his apparel company was seen as a bad look after the dodger's championship? i wouldn't be surprised if that was an issue behind the scenes.

14 minutes ago, ukyah said:

and i agree with the consensus, victor was good at his job. bummer to see him go, but i'm not surprised he definitely has other interests he's pursuing. i wonder if his apparel company was seen as a bad look after the dodger's championship? i wouldn't be surprised if that was an issue behind the scenes.

I thought the same thing at first, but I doubt he’d leave his full time job over a side hustle.

5 minutes ago, ukyah said:

I think him moving on made sense due to a culmination of reasons. Some were said publicly while others weren't. The reasons that were public were so that he could spend more time with his family and on his own business. Those are both very respectable, and you can't blame him. I do wonder if some of the other public reasons had to do with what his company was selling, as you mentioned, and the fact that he didn't get the GM job.

14 minutes ago, Lazorko Saves said:

I consider Victor the 2nd best PBP guy in baseball, after Duane Kuiper.  Which is high praise.

I will miss him greatly.

I love Victor, and agree that he is/was an excellent PBP guy. But unless you regularly listen to every team's commentators, how can you possibly rank them?

Definitely a great announcer and was always fun to listen to. He was clearly an Angels' announcer, but he never sounded like a homer and just seems to legitimately enjoy the game.

I also like that he'd occasionally call out the team or questionable decisions by management. He's obviously not going to go @Angel Oracle on them, but it was refreshing to hear some emotion. The fans need that sometimes.

As I said in the other thread, Vic is going to be hard to replace. But I wish him all the best wherever he goes.