• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Victor Rojas Appreciation Thread: Resigns as Angels play by play announcer

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Yep. I bet he's looking to move to a front office in some capacity. 

Almost forgot...

COOLOUT !

was my first thought when I heard the news.  He's got enough baseball experience to fit in somewhere.  

I could see the Halos offering him the opportunity to interview as they did out of courtesy so he could get some experience with the process

I'm sure most of the guys who end up being a GM or AGM etc. end up learning quite a bit from the interview process.  

I liked him better when he was first hired. Interesting and decent at his craft. As the years wore on his schtick with Gubi grew tiresome. It was like there was a series of inside jokes known only to them and we were left out. I also did t like that there were too many times when there was silence from the booth for a couple of pitches. 

given my druthers, I’d prefer to keep Rojas and cut Gubi loose. I hope they hire wisely.

• Chuck changed the title to Victor Rojas Appreciation Thread: Resigns as Angels play by play announcer
22 hours ago, Lazorko Saves said:

Some of us get good use out of our mlb.tv subscription.

Yep. I also agree with you @Lazorko Saves

I had a Mariners fan friend over yesterday who was also on the Victor Rojas fireside chat that we had last year and he watches a ton of baseball via MLB.tv and he said Victor Rojas was his favorite pbp announcer. 

On 1/9/2021 at 11:47 AM, Chuckster70 said:

Victor Rojas has been a friend of mine personally, a big supporter of AngelsWin.com and a great play by play announcer for the Angels. 

What are some of your favorite calls or memories of @VictorRojas?

Here's some of our greatest moments as a website with Victor. 

2010: The OC Miracle League Charity Event with Victor Rojas

2011: AngelsWin.com with Victor Rojas and Dennis Kuhl at Hail Marys.

2012: Victor Rojas smashes a long home run in our annual charity softball tournament

2012: Full highlights including Victor Rojas in the field and with the bat

2013: Victor Rojas is interviewed at our OC Miracle League Softball event.

2013: AngelsWin.com Spring Fanfest Media Round Table with Victor Rojas and more (**A must WATCH**)

2020: Victor Rojas fireside chat with AngelsWin.com & the fans

Great memories!! 

23 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Doesn’t his wife have some fairly serious health issues or a condition? 

Might not mean anything is declining or worsening, but combined with the virus and perhaps a general baseball fatigue it was just time to move on and focus on family. 

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/04/04/angels-announcer-victor-rojas-stays-strong-for-his-wife-in-her-health-battle/

Graves' disease.

@jsnpritchett I will never forget your generosity that you bestowed upon the OC Miracle League when you purchased so many of those Oppo Taco shirts that went to the charity.

Oppo Taco.jpg

From our old blog: https://angelswinblog.blogspot.com/2010/07/go-oppo-taco-to-benefit-special-needs.html

This was the video from that event that @BaseballMom, @Adam attended with @VictorRojas at the Miracle League field. 

2 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

@jsnpritchett I will never forget your generosity that you bestowed upon the OC Miracle League when you purchased so many of those Oppo Taco shirts that went to the charity.

Oppo Taco.jpg

From our old blog: https://angelswinblog.blogspot.com/2010/07/go-oppo-taco-to-benefit-special-needs.html

This was the video from that event that @BaseballMom, @Adam attended with @VictorRojas at the Miracle League field. 

You're welcome, Chuck!  So much for being an "anonymous" donor!  😉

14 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I'm sure most of the guys who end up being a GM or AGM etc. end up learning quite a bit from the interview process.  

I'm sure that they do. I have gotten something out of every interview that I have ever participated in, even when I knew that I had no realistic shot at the position.

Victor will be missed. He was a reason to listen to broadcasts, even when the team wasn't good.