• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

While I do think that it was the wrong thing to do to have CRod start the year as a major league reliever, at least in hindsight, I don't think it is that big a deal, and probably only delays his major league debut as a starter by a couple months. If he pitches well in AA, builds up his pitch count and becomes comfortable with his full repertoire, he could be in Anaheim again by September, along with Detmers.

Not to mention that there's value in him having had major league experience. He knows what major league hitters are like and held his own against them, so it isn't meaningless experience, and not entirely lost time.

13 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

He will be in rotation after July 31

If they are sellers, then I think you're absolutely right.  Teams will be interested in Bundy, Heaney and Cobb to eat up back end innings that are still in it.  They won't net a big return, but it will knock millions off payroll abs get a future relief prospect, which the Angels need to have more of on hand.  And Raisel Iglesias could net a pretty considerable return.

And that it in turn will open up opportunities for next years bullpen and rotation to Barria, Suarez, Detmers and Rodriguez.  

18 minutes ago, Second Base said:

If they are sellers, then I think you're absolutely right.  Teams will be interested in Bundy, Heaney and Cobb to eat up back end innings that are still in it.  They won't net a big return, but it will knock millions off payroll abs get a future relief prospect, which the Angels need to have more of on hand.  And Raisel Iglesias could net a pretty considerable return.

And that it in turn will open up opportunities for next years bullpen and rotation to Barria, Suarez, Detmers and Rodriguez.  

I definitely think we can get a lot more than what people realize for Heaney. The analytics departments will see how good and valuable Heaney has actually been this season: 3.67 FIP, 11.14 K/9, 2.62 BB/9 and 1.44 HR/9. 

Regardless of all that, we can definitely get decent prospects even for Bundy and Cobb. I wouldn't mind filling the lower minors with lottery tickets. We were able to get Jose Alvarado and Packy Naughton for a mediocre 4th outfielder. I'd say Alvarado has the potential for a middle-of-the-rotation guy with him succeeding in Low-A at the age of 21. 

5 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

I definitely think we can get a lot more than what people realize for Heaney. The analytics departments will see how good and valuable Heaney has actually been this season: 3.67 FIP, 11.14 K/9, 2.62 BB/9 and 1.44 HR/9. 

Regardless of all that, we can definitely get decent prospects even for Bundy and Cobb. I wouldn't mind filling the lower minors with lottery tickets. We were able to get Jose Alvarado and Packy Naughton for a mediocre 4th outfielder. I'd say Alvarado has the potential for a middle-of-the-rotation guy with him succeeding in Low-A at the age of 21. 

Yes and no.  Goodwin at least had the next year of club control.  I would love to make these moves and get more guys like we got for Goodwin or for Maldonado.  But when I looked at what the Royals got for Rosenthal, I am doubtful.

19 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

He'd be one of the better starters for the Cubs who are possibly playoff bound.  Tampa could use a starter for sure.  Maybe HOU, OAK, BOS.  

23 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

I really do not think teams will you much or anything for Bundy, Cobb or Quintana. What team will want to pick up rest of Bundy or Cobb money. Heaney will get something as will Igelias. 

52 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Millions off payroll if teams pick all of contract up. The way Cobb, Bundy and Quintana are pitching halos may have to kick in some money. I package Heaney maybe with Cobb, Quintana or even Iglesias. Just a sad situation for Angels right now.

1 minute ago, Angels 1961 said:

Millions off payroll if teams pick all of contract up. The way Cobb, Bundy and Quintana are pitching halos may have to kick in some money. I package Heaney maybe with Cobb, Quintana or even Iglesias. Just a sad situation for Angels right now.

And why should we care about millions off of payroll this year?

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I don't know why I'm responding to this but Bundy is making just over 8 million and the Angels are paying Cobb like, 3 million.

So who would pick up 4 million on Bundy? You watch will be a small market if any for Bundy, Cobb and others. Heaney and Raisel yes

1 hour ago, rafibomb said:

Salvador. Jose Salvador.