• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

23 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Why is Davis Daniel not being promoted?

Rocket City is a little crowded right now...

1. Reid Detmers
  2. Cooper Criswell
  3. Kyle Tyler
  4. Aaron Hernandez
  5. Chris Rodriguez

Not to mention Brady, Lee, and Diaz all having started too. Detmers is the only one that really could be bumped up to AAA.

Angels might be moving a lot of pitchers around this org in about a month if the Halos clear out the MLB rotation and pen.

Edited by totdprods

Hot take: Despite being in Advanced A Ball, I believe Davis Daniel could be a moderately successful relief pitcher in the big leagues right now.  

I am glad they're developing him as a starter though.  I think in comparison to other guys that are currently ahead of him on the depth chart, Davis does actually have the potential to be a major league starting pitcher. 

46 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Hot take: Despite being in Advanced A Ball, I believe Davis Daniel could be a moderately successful relief pitcher in the big leagues right now.  

I am glad they're developing him as a starter though.  I think in comparison to other guys that are currently ahead of him on the depth chart, Davis does actually have the potential to be a major league starting pitcher. 

After Detmers and CRod, he'd be next on my list of "likely to have a successful major league career" among the minor league pitchers, whether as a starter or very good reliever. I expect that he'll be in Anaheim sometime next year.

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

Angels might be moving a lot of pitchers around this org in about a month if the Halos clear out the MLB rotation and pen.

True.

If the Angels are sellers and deal, say 2 of Bundy, Cobb, and Heaney plus a couple relievers, then there will be a trickle down effect.

If the Angels called up a few arms from AAA, then a few arms from AA could be promoted to AAA, and a few arms from High-A could be promoted to AA, etc.

Perhaps your looking at rotations of:

MLB: Ohtani, Sandoval, Canning, Suarez, Barria, Bundy/Quintana.

AAA: Buchanan, Criswell, Naughton, Pannone, Tyler, Wantz.

AA: Biegalski, Daniel, Diaz, Detmers, Hernandez, Rodriguez.

High-A: Dashwood, Killam, Linginfelter, Salvador, Smith, Yan.

Low-A: Holmes, Kochanowicz, Pina, Seminaris, Swanda, Rivera

Sweet! Very excited about Vera, Ramirez, Blakely, Calabrese, Placencia.

Also will be watching Hidalgo, Tapia, Quero, Deveaux, and others.

Probably good that Bonilla was demoted - he's totally overmatched in A ball.

Where are Holmes and Maitan? And is there no Orem (high Rookie ball) this year?

Edited by Angelsjunky

Just now, Angelsjunky said:

Sweet! Very excited about Vera, Ramirez, Blakely, Calabrese, Placencia.

Also will be watching Hidalgo, Tapia, Quero, Deveaux, and others.

Probably good that Bonilla was demoted - he's totally overmatched in A ball.

https://www.prospects1500.com/milb/pioneer-league-getting-creative-in-first-season-as-partner-league/

When Major League Baseball cut ties with 42 Minor League Baseball clubs, one of the first leagues it was known to be moving to an independent partner league was the Pioneer League. With teams in Utah, Colorado, Idaho, and Montana, it was one of the vastest geographical leagues in the low minors. It kept all the teams from its last affiliated season with the exception of the Orem Owlz who are moving to Colorado and taking the season off to return in 2022 and adding the Boise Hawks from the Northwest League.

I will be keeping a close eye Alexander Ramirez, who Fangraphs has as our number 7 prospect. 

Signed: July 2nd Period, 2018 from Dominican Republic (LAA)
Age 18.8 Height 6′ 2″ Weight 215 Bat / Thr R / R FV 40+
Tool Grades (Present/Future)
Hit Raw Power Game Power Run Fielding Throw
20/40 55/70 25/60 55/50 40/45 60

Ramirez’s 95 mph average exit velo was the highest in the entire 2019 DSL, driven largely by his mature physicality. This guy looks like a power five conference wideout at a shredded 6-foot-3 or so. Swing efficacy issues bring about a lot of swing-and-miss but I’ve also seen Ramirez alter his bat path in order to hit pitches near the top of the zone, as well as toward the bottom, so there’s some natural vertical plate coverage here — the swing just needs refinement. There’s a real chance the hit tool just bottoms out and Ramirez, even though he’s likely to grow into elite power, may not hit enough to support a corner outfield profile. But he has 35-homer upside if he can develop even a 40-grade bat. Where the other up-the-middle players have several other “outs” — i.e. outcomes of lesser but relevant utility — Ramirez is either going to make enough contact to be an everyday player or emphatically will not.

Edited by rafibomb

28 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Maitan has been injured and is stil listed on Low-A Inland Empire's injured list.

Correct on Orem. The Advanced Rookie level no longer exists across all of baseball.

No clue where Holmes is. Same for Calabrese and some others. It makes me think that they are injured.

3 hours ago, Second Base said:

I agree

Wantz with 4 scoreless tonight starting for the Bees. Allowed two hits and struck out 5, zero walks. ERA down to 2.10.

He’ll be Rule 5 eligible this winter, so pretty strong chance he makes the pen this year, especially if some arms get dealt.

Edited by totdprods