• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

Looking back at it, Epppler really did a good job of building depth in the pitching side. It just took longer than needed, and having no 2020 minor leage season hurt.

1.  Grayson Long; with us he was showing the upside of a 3/4. got traded and than retired due to injury

2. Canning, who still I beleive can be a solid 2 3, outside of the rought first month he putching to high 3 ERA last 45 innings

3. Sandoval: Pitching like a solid 3. Took some time but is finally breaking out! 

4. Rodrigues; the guy with the highest upside in the system, there is nothing else to say, except we can just hope that he stays healthy. 

5. Othani = Elite

6. Herendez: Could starter, but could also be a late inning releiever

7. Bradish: traded, but putting up solid numbers in the O's system. Seem like people think he can be a 3.

8. Detmers:  2/3 ceiling. 

9. Daniels: needs tobe moved to AA. But I see a middle of the Rotation upside. 

The pieces are there, we just need to be patience and hope these guys take the final step in thier development. 

39 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Looking back at it, Epppler really did a good job of building depth in the pitching side. It just took longer than needed, and having no 2020 minor leage season hurt.

1.  Grayson Long; with us he was showing the upside of a 3/4. got traded and than retired due to injury

2. Canning, who still I beleive can be a solid 2 3, outside of the rought first month he putching to high 3 ERA last 45 innings

3. Sandoval: Pitching like a solid 3. Took some time but is finally breaking out! 

4. Rodrigues; the guy with the highest upside in the system, there is nothing else to say, except we can just hope that he stays healthy. 

5. Othani = Elite

6. Herendez: Could starter, but could also be a late inning releiever

7. Bradish: traded, but putting up solid numbers in the O's system. Seem like people think he can be a 3.

8. Detmers:  2/3 ceiling. 

9. Daniels: needs tobe moved to AA. But I see a middle of the Rotation upside. 

The pieces are there, we just need to be patience and hope these guys take the final step in thier development. 

I agree also Suarez and Barria. Trade for some pitching but please not a 150 million deal for a starter. Spend money on bullpen as most starters go 5 to 6 inn.

18 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I agree also Suarez and Barria. Trade for some pitching but please not a 150 million deal for a starter. Spend money on bullpen as most starters go 5 to 6 inn.

150 million for a guy who pitches 5 innings every 6 days.  Yea that makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

David Makinnon another name to watch, he's a bit older than the rest of the guys. What he's putting up solid numbers, and has always shown a solid ability to make contact and hit. Could be Phil Gosselin type of player. 

Biggest obstacle is he has only ever played 1B, save for one start at 2B and one inning pitching. 

Otherwise, as mentioned in the last prospect hotlist, he's basically a Willians Astudillo/Yermin Mercedes type. Unreal contact tool that is enough to get him to the bigs, not huge power for a 1B though. Will be interesting to see if they see if move him around once he hits AAA or if they wait to see if power develops. 

Also the exact type of prospect you see dealt for a rental. 

Just now, totdprods said:

Biggest obstacle is he has only ever played 1B, save for one start at 2B and one inning pitching. 

Otherwise, as mentioned in the last prospect hotlist, he's basically a Willians Astudillo/Yermin Mercedes type. Unreal contact tool that is enough to get him to the bigs, not huge power for a 1B though. Will be interesting to see if they see if move him around once he hits AAA or if they wait to see if power develops. 

Also the exact type of prospect you see dealt for a rental. 

Yup. i wonder if he can play the outfield. I've also heard he can play 3rd, but asn't in a while or something. 

3 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Yup. i wonder if he can play the outfield. I've also heard he can play 3rd, but asn't in a while or something. 

He'd be an interesting guy to convert to catching, IMO, if he was able. You'd think they'd start introducing him to other positions this year now that he's in AA and showing no signs of slowing with the bat. 

2 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Among all the great pitching performances in our system this year, Yan has been a huge disappointment. I don't know if a conversion to the bullpen is needed or if he just needs to get his head out of his ass and throw more strikes.

Since his velocity was way down in ST and his control has been awful this year, my guess is Yan really suffered from all the time off. He's really young still and it's pretty early in the season, so I'm not sweating his performance quite yet. Almost positive he'll be a reliever before long but they're doing the right thing keeping him as a starter now to build back up to what he was pre-COVID. It'll be ugly but good for his long-term development to work through this and get back to where he was.

2 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Our Double-A rotation:

Kyle Tyler (age 24) - 50.0 IP  2.52 ERA  0.98 WHIP  50 SO  14 BB 

Reid Detmers (age 21) - 41.0 IP  3.95 ERA  1.24 WHIP  76 SO  14 BB

Cooper Criswell (age 24) - 52.2 IP  3.59 ERA  1.01 WHIP  63 SO  6 BB 

Aaron Hernandez (age 24) - 31.0 IP  4.65 ERA  1.48 WHIP  39 SO  22 BB

Davis Daniel (age 24) - 46.2 IP  2.31 ERA  0.99 WHIP  64 SO  20 BB

Chris Rodriguez (age 22)

Our Double-A rotation:

Kyle Tyler (age 24) - 50.0 IP  2.52 ERA  0.98 WHIP  50 SO  14 BB 

Reid Detmers (age 21) - 41.0 IP  3.95 ERA  1.24 WHIP  76 SO  14 BB

Cooper Criswell (age 24) - 52.2 IP  3.59 ERA  1.01 WHIP  63 SO  6 BB 

Aaron Hernandez (age 24) - 31.0 IP  4.65 ERA  1.48 WHIP  39 SO  22 BB

Davis Daniel (age 24) - 46.2 IP  2.31 ERA  0.99 WHIP  64 SO  20 BB

Chris Rodriguez (age 22)

Wtf there's no ERA above 7.

Fake.

11 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Everyone saw Daniel's promotion coming a mile away.  I wonder if they'll finally move Hernandez to the bullpen.  

I would hope not, right? He's been fairly successful as a starter this season. Other than 1 horrible start in Double-A he's allowed 3 runs in 10.1 innings with 15 strikeouts and 5 walks. Even with the horrible start his FIP is at 3.06 (albeit a 3-start sample size). The jump from High-A to Double-A is arguably the biggest jump too. I'd say that's a pretty successful season after the lack of a minor league season last year.

Edited by rafibomb

I would hope not, right? He's been fairly successful as a starter this season. Other than 1 horrible start in Double-A he's allowed 3 runs in 10.1 innings with 15 strikeouts and 5 walks. Even with the horrible start his FIP is at 3.06 (albeit a 3-start sample size). The jump from High-A to Double-A is arguably the biggest jump too. I'd say that's a pretty successful season after the lack of a minor league season last year.

He really doesn't profile as a starter in my view of him as much as I think he'd make a pretty solid 6-out reliever.  But that's up to individual opinion I suppose. 

Just now, Second Base said:

He really doesn't profile as a starter in my view of him as much as I think he'd make a pretty solid 6-out reliever.  But that's up to individual opinion I suppose. 

I do agree though that if he transitions to reliever, he's a guy that can probably be up in the major league pen and contribute post all-star break with his fastball-slider combination. I just think his season is going too well to change anything but if he strings together a few bad starts in a row then I would do it. 

1 hour ago, rafibomb said:

Among all the great pitching performances in our system this year, Yan has been a huge disappointment. I don't know if a conversion to the bullpen is needed or if he just needs to get his head out of his ass and throw more strikes.

Look at the bright side, because of all the good pitching performances they can afford to be patient with him and work through his issues.

The Angels are building up some nice depth for next year. I expect Detmers and Rodriguez to spend all or most of next year in the majors, but we could see some of those other AA starters as most or all of them will be in AAA next year, and some will get chances in the majors, whether as starters or relievers. 

Hopefully Yan, Ortega and Pina turn things around and join them, and also guys like Dashwood, Crow, and Salvador could be not far behind.