• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

The funny thing is,  Kochanowicz control was supposed to be a strong suit. He was an advanced prep pitcher with big time protection. Invisible now we are seeing that despite the projection, improvement in stuff and clean mechanics, his command of his pitches is still the same as most other prep prospects. 

And let's keep in mind, with college baseball shutting down last year, he likely would've red shirted, meaning in essence, you're seeing college freshman pitch in A Ball, which is still a couple years ahead of schedule at least.  And if you look at most first round collegiate starters, like Kochanowicz was expected to be in three years, typically, they struggle their freshman year. 

The fact that he's struggling probably should be expected.  

38 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

How you watched him pitch? I ask, because I'm wondering how his stuff looks. We know his control and command suck, but I'm wondering about if the raw stuff has translated.

I honestly think he's aiming the ball and trying to be too fine.  But yeah, there isnt much effort to his actions and the ball is super zippy.   He's got stuff for days but he's as raw as you'd expect someone with his level of experience to be.

14 minutes ago, Second Base said:

The funny thing is,  Kochanowicz control was supposed to be a strong suit. He was an advanced prep pitcher with big time protection. Invisible now we are seeing that despite the projection, improvement in stuff and clean mechanics, his command of his pitches is still the same as most other prep prospects. 

And let's keep in mind, with college baseball shutting down last year, he likely would've red shirted, meaning in essence, you're seeing college freshman pitch in A Ball, which is still a couple years ahead of schedule at least.  And if you look at most first round collegiate starters, like Kochanowicz was expected to be in three years, typically, they struggle their freshman year. 

The fact that he's struggling probably should be expected.  

Expected and probably should be ignored..   It's all noise.  If the mechanics are cleaner and his command has improved by the end of the season we can call it a win and then look for improved performance next season.

So Taylor blake ward did a Q abnd A; a few things that were Noticed;

1. He talked with a scout, and the scout believes that Tyler and Cooper don't have the stuff to be in the Major leagues. ( I would like to know who this scout was)

2.  Daniels, is more of a two pitch pitcher at the moment. 

3. Perry love's Stefenic (hopefully this was right)

I've always followed Blake's talkes about about our prospects, at at time's I would disagreed, and when he did this Q and A, I mostly disagreed. Felt he didn't really watches the guys that much, took notes he had from years ago, and than some advise from a scout or two. So, take it with a grain of salt, but the point I highlighted really does have my interest. 

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

Pina from high A to low A to AA?  They must feel like he figured something out.  

btw, the high A team just got worse if that's possible.  

I might be mistakes, but I think there congratualting Pina for me the Low A best pitcher of the month. I did see him moving back up to A+ tho. 

3 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

1. He talked with a scout, and the scout believes that Tyler and Cooper don't have the stuff to be in the Major leagues. ( I would like to know who this scout was)

I've always followed Blake's talkes about about our prospects, at at time's I would disagreed, and when he did this Q and A, I mostly disagreed. Felt he didn't really watches the guys that much, took notes he had from years ago, and than some advise from a scout or two. So, take it with a grain of salt, but the point I highlighted really does have my interest. 

That seems to be the consensus on Tyler and Criswell. I suppose they might have a place as up-and-down types ala Peters.

I really like Daniel, but I see his future as being more in the bullpen. Maybe he can be our new Scot Shields.

I hope we see Stefanic this year. He could be next year's utility player.

6 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Detmers seems to be struggling today.

I'm a huge fan of reading reactions on twitter. They went from "this guy needs to be in the majors now" to "he needs so much work in the minors, strikeouts don't matter when you give up runs". 

It's crazy how he struggled in that second inning but has still managed to get out of it with 35 pitches. Some of our guys in the majors can be cruising through 2 innings and still throw more than 35.

Edited by rafibomb

3 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

I'm a huge fan of reading reactions on twitter. They went from "this guy needs to be in the majors now" to "he needs so much work in the minors, strikeouts don't matter when you give up runs". 

It's crazy how he struggled in that second inning but has still managed to get out of it with 35 pitches. Some of our guys in the majors can be cruising through 2 innings and still throw more than 35.

Who are you following on twitter to get these updates?

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Who are you following on twitter to get these updates?

Most of the time I just follow through gameday but I also follow a combination of people. Jared Tims has been updating him frequently. Josh Caray who I believe is the play-by-play guy, and Aaron Cheris who works for the Trash Pandas as well.

1 hour ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Honestly, if I were a betting man, I'd say Taylor and I are friends with the same scout. What I'm being told is pretty much identical. 

Guys like Tyler and Criswell mostly figure to be AAA depth fodder. Unless they develop that one pitch like Shoemaker did with his splitter, they'll top out in AA/AAA, which there's no shame in that. Every organization needs those guys. 

Davis Daniel can be a major league reliever right now. He has two quality pitches. He has the mechanics to be a starter. If given enough time, he'll develop a third pitch, but therein lies the question. Do you make Daniel a good setup man in one year or a solid starting pitcher in three years? 

Stefanic is the type of player (like Fletcher) that EVERY team loves. They can play multiple positions effectively, move runners over, get on base, run a little bit, they are grinders that everyone in the clubhouse likes, and are young and optionable.