• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2021 Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

After dominating in Low-A after being completely above the younger competition, Brent Killam struggled a ton in his High-A debut but has improved every start at the level.

Low-A:

24.0 IP  2.63 ERA  0.96 WHIP  41 SO  9 BB

First start with High-A:

0.2 IP  4 H  5 R  0 BB  1 SO

Second start with High-A:

5.2 IP  1 H  1 R  6 BB  6 SO

Third start:

5.2 IP  3 H  2 R  3 BB  10 SO

Davis Daniel needs to be brought up to AA soon. He has dominated while solving his command/control issues of late. Move him up and how he does in AA. 

By late season, we could have 3 arms (Detmers. Rodriguez and Daniel) come up and fill a roster spot. 

another thing, could Connor Higgins be another dark horse that could reach the Bp later this year? he's a big Lefty that's in the mid 90s with a hard slider. 

30 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Davis Daniel needs to be brought up to AA soon. He has dominated while solving his command/control issues of late. Move him up and how he does in AA. 

By late season, we could have 3 arms (Detmers. Rodriguez and Daniel) come up and fill a roster spot. 

another thing, could Connor Higgins be another dark horse that could reach the Bp later this year? he's a big Lefty that's in the mid 90s with a hard slider. 

I agree would like to see Detmers in rotation. Let him get his feet wet after trade deadline.

I'm a "Detmers Moderate." I don't think he should be called up quite yet, but I do think he should get his first cup this year. He's only pitched 35 minor league innings. He's pitched very well, and his peripherals (13 walks and 60 Ks) are even more dominant than his ERA (3.34), but I'd like to see him get at least a few more starts in AA (not least of which to hang out with CRod, who will hopefully be his long-term rotation partner in the bigs), and then maybe be called up to AAA by the end of July, and a cup in the majors in September. No need to rush him, but also no need to be overly conservative.

15 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'm a "Detmers Moderate." I don't think he should be called up quite yet, but I do think he should get his first cup this year. He's only pitched 35 minor league innings. He's pitched very well, and his peripherals (13 walks and 60 Ks) are even more dominant than his ERA (3.34), but I'd like to see him get at least a few more starts in AA (not least of which to hang out with CRod, who will hopefully be his long-term rotation partner in the bigs), and then maybe be called up to AAA by the end of July, and a cup in the majors in September. No need to rush him, but also no need to be overly conservative.

I'm honestly fine if Detmers never pitches in Salt Lake.  I'd almost prefer that he spend whatever time he's going to be in the minors at AA.  I really think Salt Lake just screws with pitchers.  It's a joke. 

8 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I'm honestly fine if Detmers never pitches in Salt Lake.  I'd almost prefer that he spend whatever time he's going to be in the minors at AA.  I really think Salt Lake just screws with pitchers.  It's a joke. 

Completely agree. 

I could see if we were the Rockies and you wanted your pitchers to get acclimated to pitching in big ball parks with thin air, but that's not the case. 

I have no idea what the CBA holds starting next year.  I can’t imagine that teams will have more club control and quite frankly I could see it being less by one year.  So I can’t see any good reason to bring Detmers up, unless we are contending.  We as fans want to see it, but I think I am good if his clock starts next season instead.  

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Fair enough. So the same principle applies, but just adding the Salt Lake starts to AA.

I think the key point, though, is that there's no set number of starts that he needs to reach. When he's ready he's ready. If he continues to look more and more dominant with each start, maybe he can be called up after his 15th start or so. If he fluctuates with general improvement, maybe after his 20th. If he struggles, maybe they just keep him in AA and look at him again in Spring Training.

Regardless, what seems to be clear is that he'll be in the rotation next season, probably on Opening Day. He's a good example of how the Angels need to prioritize next year over making every attempt to somehow sneak into the playoffs this year, regardless of the cost. While this season has been frustrating, there's enough there that with the right moves, this team could be a serious contender next year. 

no way I'd call any of those guys up at this point.  minor league season goes through sept 19th this year.  let them get their reps down there.  

Hernandez had a good bounce back start today and Ryan Smith had had another strong outing.  Kochanowicz is really struggling.  Watched some of his start today.  He's got a really fluid and simple delivery.  Just can't find the plate.  Even the guys he got out it was 2 and 3 ball counts on all them.  The slider/curve thing he throws is filthy though.  

12 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Completely agree. 

I could see if we were the Rockies and you wanted your pitchers to get acclimated to pitching in big ball parks with thin air, but that's not the case. 

I'm totally with the sentiment that having the AAA team at altitude doesn't help at all.  It's bad for the pitchers and the hitters.  It may be even tougher on the hitters and their transition to mlb actually.   Shoe was a good example in that his splitter didn't break much at slc and he sucked there but just went back to throwing it when he got to the bigs and had some success.  But hitters just don't see the quality of pitches they're gonna get at the major league level.  

The one thing I will admit it forces pitchers to do is to locate.  So there could be some value in seeing how Detmers reacts to that type of situation.