• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Blake Snell is on the market

Richbert88

18 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

The trees are the forest, Snell second coming of Erik Bedard, It would take Adell to get him but I'm not trading Adell. Plenty of pitching out there. Adell to me just to valuable. Where did Joe Maddon first manage? 

I'll give you credit for the Erik Bedard name drop, that's creative, but not a good comparison.

Bedard only received CY Young votes one year and finished 5th. 

Also Bedard average year would have been our best SP since Weaver  until Bundy showed us something. 

Just now, mmc said:

Doesn’t get it done, need one more high end prospect.  Guys like Thaiss and Jones don’t have much value to TB considering their infield depth

Marsh and Adams would probably be the bare minimum starting conversation if you're not moving Adell. More would still need to be added. Not convinced a deal is possible without Adell. 

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

Whatever we think is fair for Snell would get laughed at by TB. We go through this every year. 

Adell, Kochanowicz, and Rodriguez is what I think it would cost. TB doesn't want the players we are fine giving up. So Thaiss, Ward, and Rengifo are not going to be at the center of any package.

But if we have them 5 or 6 worthless players maybe.  Or 7?

22 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Whatever we think is fair for Snell would get laughed at by TB. We go through this every year. 

Adell, Kochanowicz, and Rodriguez is what I think it would cost. TB doesn't want the players we are fine giving up. So Thaiss, Ward, and Rengifo are not going to be at the center of any package.

Thaiss, Ward & Rengifo  might be enough to get Musgrove from the Pirates. 

31 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

Musgrove is gonna cost at least one Top 10 prospect. 

I’d try to rope in a reliever from them with Musgrove too. Feliz, Rodriguez, Santana...would make it easier for me to build a good outgoing package if we were netting another piece or change of scenery guy back too, akin to Thaiss, Ward types. 

Edited by totdprods

On 11/25/2020 at 12:05 AM, Inside Pitch said:

fragile a christmas story GIF

The Rays have been careful with Snell's arm since day one.  Yes, they were ahead of the game with the opener, but even their TV crew used to comment about the need to safeguard arms particularly given all the TJ issues they had.

Great pitcher, great size for a pitcher, but he's required some caution and real care to keep him on the mound.

Only four weeks until 24 hour marathon.

2 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

This is a salary dump for Rays. They are low budget team and do not want to spend 13 mill on one player. It also is smart move for Rays as they will get top prospects plus players already in majors. 

So you agree that your proposal is silly and will never get it done.

MLB.com had this zany proposal this morning...just clickbaity stuff but still fun.

• Angels get: LHP Blake Snell
  • Tigers get: OF Brandon Marsh (Angels’ No. 1 prospect per MLB Pipeline) and 2B Jahmai Jones (Angels’ No. 7 prospect)
  • Rays get: RHP Spencer Turnbull, OF Victor Reyes, LHP Joey Wentz (Tigers’ No. 9 prospect), C Jake Rogers (Tigers’ No. 12 prospect) and OF/2B D’Shawn Knowles (Angels’ No. 8 prospect)

Essentially, the Tigers trade for Snell and then the Angels flip Marsh, Jones, and Knowles for him. Not sure why the Tigers don’t just keep Snell at that point. And that feels light for the Angels to give up.

22 hours ago, greginpsca said:

Why do people think any of those 3 players have any real trade value?  They are nothing more than tweeners at this point, yes they have value to us as depth, but other teams have their own depth players.  Teams don't trade good players with upside for any collection of depth/bench players, they are nothing more than the third best piece in any trade for a guy like Musgrove