• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Blake Snell is on the market

Richbert88

1 minute ago, Erstad Grit said:

I want Snell and would sent Adell in a second. 

Snell is entering his prime. 3 years extremely affordable cy young type SP. At year 3 if things haven't gone well we can trade him at the deadline or give a QO. 

Adell is a much bigger risk. I'm tired of the Trout rookie year comparisons. No-one should be compared to Trout outside of names like Mantle at this point. For every Trout they're hundreds of Wood, Mcpherson, etc.

I'm not down on Adell but if you can get Snell then hurry it up and sign someone like Joc Pederson. 

I love Adell's potential but if it were between him and Marsh I would trade Adell and then feel stupidly bad about it a few years from now if Snell isn't what he projects as. 

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Blake Snell   Looking at his stats, I can see why people will say they won't give up Adell/Marsh for him.  Outside of his 25 YO campaign, his numbers have been very good, but not absolute ace.  Only his 25 was over 30 GS.  Rest 19, 24, and 23.  Outside of 25, ERA of 3.54, 4.04, 4.29, 3.24.  Outside of 25, WHIP of 1.6, 1.3, 1.27, 1.20.  ERA+ of 113. 104, 104, 131. Even innings pitched, his 25 was a career high 180.  Rest were 89, 129, 107.   It's hard to judge the last season, because it's 1/3 of a season, and a lot of pitchers had unreal numbers in the sprint that is a marathon of the MLB.  

The good thing is his performance should outperform his salary owed by quite a bit.  But I'd be really worried about durability. 

I definitely understand why Tampa is shopping him.  As he's a sell high player right now.  

But Snell wouldn’t be a salary dump.

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

You can’t be serious, right?

Yes I am maybe a Barria, some prospects. Snell is not same pitcher he was when he was CY Young winner. Only like 5 and a third inn in his starts last few years. I would love to get Snell but Adell or Marsh would not be in package. Remember many pitchers are out there Sonny Gray may be out there.

I beg to differ. The peripherals are in line with his peak form. The difference in 2020 was mostly (entirely?) due to giving up more dingers, almost twice his career rate. With only 50 IP, this is likely due to sample size.

Snell is at least a good #2, ala Dan Haren. He probably won't ever have a sub-2.00 ERA again, but I think sub-3.00 is very possible.

But he will cost a bucket-load: One of Adell/Marsh/Adams, one of Detmers/Rodriguez, a Rengifo type, and probably a Knowles/Deveaux type. 

Now if the Angels could get him for Adams, Barria, Rengifo, and Knowles, I'd be all over that. But I think they'll want--and get--more.

11 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I beg to differ. The peripherals are in line with his peak form. The difference in 2020 was mostly (entirely?) due to giving up more dingers, almost twice his career rate. With only 50 IP, this is likely due to sample size.

Snell is at least a good #2, ala Dan Haren. He probably won't ever have a sub-2.00 ERA again, but I think sub-3.00 is very possible.

But he will cost a bucket-load: One of Adell/Marsh/Adams, one of Detmers/Rodriguez, a Rengifo type, and probably a Knowles/Deveaux type. 

Now if the Angels could get him for Adams, Barria, Rengifo, and Knowles, I'd be all over that. But I think they'll want--and get--more.

I agree with your assessment of Snell and what it would acquire to get him. I would do Adell, Rodriguez, and Rengifo. 

4 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Personally, if we are giving up Adell.  I'd rather trade for Lindor and McKenzie.   Cleveland can't afford Lindor after this season.  Cleveland also needs OF help badly and have plenty of young pitching depth.  McKenzie has question marks.  But when you have 6 years control, a pretty phenomenal minor league record, and a shortened callup to the bigs that result in a 3.24 ERA, 0.90 WHIP, and 142 ERA+.  It would be a pretty fair trade.  

Not I agree until if your right, but good take

47 minutes ago, Bronson said:

Do you actually watch baseball? 

Do actually have an idea what baseball used to be

5 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Jordyn Adams (4), Jose Soriano (12), Hector Yan (9) and Jack Kochanowicz (13) for Blake Snell and Xavier Edwards. 

That's a ton of talent headed toward Tampa but we get a frontline arm however and a starting 2B. 

We also would still have have Canning, Detmers, Sandoval and C. Rodriguez. 

kochanowicz is the most rays sounding name ever. he'd compete for a cy young in their system.

10 hours ago, Revad said:

I know I’ve said I wouldn’t trade Adell or Marsh and especially not both, but for Snell...

I agree many free agents out there plus starters we have not horrible. Bundy, Heaney, Canning and my sleeper to have big year is Jamie Barria. 2018 Barria had nice year. 2019 not in rotation to start year big mistake and messed with his head. 2020 short season only 7 appearances with just 5 starts but looked like Jamie of 18. Snell is good but not for Adell or Marsh.

Snell was unbeliveable in the final game of the world series. He was taken out when he should not have been having struck out their best multiple times and was almost unhittable. You could see at the time, he was pissed and looked like he did want to be there. When they lost I thought, he wants out, what a pick up he would be. 

Whats not to like, a player that had a 2.8 era in the 2020 postseason and has constantly pitched 100 pitches in a game that is now just heading into his prime. 

Get him in Angels colours please!!! Finally a chance to get a proven playoff pitcher!  But no, we'll probably overpay for Hamels and Arrieta! 

P.S. get Jake Odorizzi while you're at it. 🙂

4 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'm not giving up Adell or Marsh for a pitcher who goes 5 inn. Barria had good 18 and 19 out of rotation to start year because of Cahill and Harvey signings. In a short season 2020 only 7 appearances with 5 starts but looked like Barria of 18. Adell be patience he is young and going to be a stud.

1 minute ago, Angels 1961 said:

I'm not giving up Adell or Marsh for a pitcher who goes 5 inn. Barria had good 18 and 19 out of rotation to start year because of Cahill and Harvey signings. In a short season 2020 only 7 appearances with 5 starts but looked like Barria of 18. Adell be patience he is young and going to be a stud.

Even if “he goes 5 inn” because of organizational philosophy?