• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

I don't think the Dodgers were ever interested in Bauer. I mean they're just loaded in SP. 

Kershaw, Buehler, Gonsolin, May, Urias and they have Josiah Gray and Mitchell White ready to go as well. Their 1st round pick in 2020 Bobby Miller is close as well, kind of like Reid Detmers in terms of being near major league ready.

I think the Dodgers are interested in Bauer, if he comes at a discount because he wants to be local and wants to win. Pretty much every team is willing to be advantageous in that respect. But I do agree that the Dodgers are a bit less likely. 

Right now, from where I'm sitting, I think the Blue Jays and White Sox are the front runners, with the Angels running a distant third. As I said before, what he says he values and who he is as a performer don't seem to line up with the Angels. 

Both the Jays and Sox have young, exciting cores they've built up through years of tanking, have money to spend, have rotation spots available, have just forced open their window of contention, and project sit at or near the top of their respective divisions for three next half decade or so.

By comparison, the Angels have a nice blend of veteran superstars in their primes, former superstars on expiring contracts and young, future stars ready to emerge. But they'll have more competition in the AL West, and they still look like they're a year or two from hitting their stride when that huge wave of Eppler prospects arrives and breaks through, like Adell, Marsh, Adams, Detmers and Rodriguez.

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I don't think the Dodgers were ever interested in Bauer. I mean they're just loaded in SP. 

Kershaw, Buehler, Gonsolin, May, Urias and they have Josiah Gray and Mitchell White ready to go as well. Their 1st round pick in 2020 Bobby Miller is close as well, kind of like Reid Detmers in terms of being near major league ready.

Sure they are, if the price was right.
I think it more accurate to say they wont likely overpay for him.
At this point im kinda of wondering who the real competition is?
Who can actually pay him what hes going to get?  Yanks and Dogs arenot going to play that bidding war game, i dont think the Mets can anymore as they are looking at Hand and bullpen, Padres maybe if they go wholly ham... i think im most worried about the Chisox.

@Second Base @Chuckster70

I don't think the Dodgers are in on Bauer. 
I do think the Mets will still go after Springer and the Blue Jays heavy on Bauer since they need pitching just like we do. 
White Sox are my sleeper team. 

To me, it's down to three teams. Angels, White Sox, Blue Jays.

With the Angels signing Suzuki to a contract friendly deal and not trading prospects for Contreras it gives me the feeling this is the plan:

Angels make a trade for a #2 type pitcher (Musgrove, GRay, etc.) they will then make substantial offer for Bauer. 

The Suzuki signing has now made me firmly believe Bauer will be heavily pursued by the Angels. It's looking like they will get the 2 starters they claimed they needed. 

If I had to guess I would say the Angels biggest threat for signing Bauer is going to be Toronto.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they gave him some ridiculous 3 year deal worth in excess of $120 million.  Mark Shapiro was with Cleveland when he was there.  So there is familiarity there.  

An article yesterday said Kluber looked good in his session with I believe 25 teams in attendance.  Said his was sitting at 88-90 but the expectation is his velocity will increase as he continues to pitch and work his way back.  If the price is right he's definitely worth a flyer but he's not a guy pitching needy teams can count on to crack the rotation. 

21 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

An article yesterday said Kluber looked good in his session with I believe 25 teams in attendance.  Said his was sitting at 88-90 but the expectation is his velocity will increase as he continues to pitch and work his way back.  If the price is right he's definitely worth a flyer but he's not a guy pitching needy teams can count on to crack the rotation. 

And the problem is that he isn’t going to take a low value, high incentive deal. So he would be a huge gamble. And not one the Angels can take. 

1 hour ago, angelsnationtalk said:

@Second Base @Chuckster70

I don't think the Dodgers are in on Bauer. 
I do think the Mets will still go after Springer and the Blue Jays heavy on Bauer since they need pitching just like we do. 
White Sox are my sleeper team. 

To me, it's down to three teams. Angels, White Sox, Blue Jays.

With the Angels signing Suzuki to a contract friendly deal and not trading prospects for Contreras it gives me the feeling this is the plan:

Angels make a trade for a #2 type pitcher (Musgrove, GRay, etc.) they will then make substantial offer for Bauer. 

The Suzuki signing has now made me firmly believe Bauer will be heavily pursued by the Angels. It's looking like they will get the 2 starters they claimed they needed. 

i forgot about the Jays... comes down to if they think they can compete with Yanks/Rays over full season but yeah, thanks for the reminder

Anyhow, i think with the Suzuki signing, we've set ourselfs up to go after Bauer. 

If my math is corrected, including the Arb we'r currently at around 162 mil in aav and total saleries.enough to get Bauer, and maybe add a arm. 

we're coming into the end line.

I also feel like since, Jan 17th is Bauer's Birthday, he might announce his signing than.   

17 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Cruel Summer is by far their best song ever. And the cool part is, every time it gets remade, it gets better and better. The slow version they used for Cobra Kai season 2 finale makes for an epic soundtrack.

Good remake and good show.

1 hour ago, Second Base said:

Rumor swirling that the Yankees are in discussions with the Reds regarding Luis Castillo. 

Wish this was what the Angels were doing. Reds must like the MLB ready players the Yankees have. Yankees' farm system isn't drastically better than ours. 

Wouldn't be surprised if they trade Torres and then Yanks sign Simmons or Semien.

Well if the Angels were checking in on Realmuto, as per the Stark article, I wonder if perhaps they are getting an indication the SP market/money is about to get moving and spent now, hence why they moved on Suzuki. Or the Phillies started separating from the pack in landing Realmuto and the Angels moved on to the next option.