• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020-2021 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

rafibomb

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Since always when it comes to played out narratives that a person brings into threads that add no value.  

Lord knows there are plenty of threads that add no value.

Joe Musgrove
2:15
Where will I be pitching in ‘21?

Connor Byrne
2:15
I still like the Jays as a fit, as they've shown interest in him in the recent past. That could hinge on whether they get Bauer, though.

Brett
2:19
Who do you believe Boston will sign as their "big signing?" will Kluber signing be a domino effect, or will Bauer sign before he does?

Connor Byrne
2:20
Nobody all that notable to Boston. Jose Quintana seems to fit as an innings eater for a rotation in need of that type, and I think we predicted him to BOS at the start of the offseason. I expect Kluber to sign before Bauer.

Gord
2:21
What is the max you would pay Bauer to play one year if you’re Arte Moreno?

Connor Byrne
2:21
In general, and without having the Angels' projected payroll atop my head, $45MM at the most.

Perry
2:23
45m for Bauer? Wow. Guess I know why you’re not a GM

Connor Byrne
2:24
I mean, the lower the length of the contract, the higher the AAV. Bauer is looking for 30-some mill on a multiyear deal right now. I don't think 45 as a one-year max for the reigning Cy Young winner is outlandish.

Erstad fan
2:28
As an angel fan is it premature to become nervous we haven't updated the rotation yet?

Connor Byrne
2:29
I wouldn't say that yet. New GM Perry Minasian is working on it, but things are moving slowly. They'll get something done - hopefully something better than the Harvey/Cahill/Teheran signings of recent past.

Perry Minasian
2:30
Which starter(a) do you think I end up with at the end of the offseason?

Connor Byrne
2:31
Speak of the devil. I've always liked Tanaka there if they can't get Bauer.

Happ
2:41
Would halos be a good fit?

Connor Byrne
2:41
I don't hate them as a JA Happ. Boring signing, but he can do a decent job chewing up some innings. Everyone knows durability has been a problem for LAA's staff.

2:42
*as a JA Happ fit*

I doubt it’s the Angels...feel like he’s going to be a little expensive and perhaps looking for a closer role, which we’re probably not offering yet with SP unresolved and Iglesias in house.

Hope I am wrong though! He’d be a great add.

Edited by totdprods

1 minute ago, Second Base said:

Alden Gonzalez former Angels beat writer is reporting it. You never know, could be the Angels.

The fact that it’s Alden and that the team is still unknown is the lone reason I think the Angels might still be in the mix. That and the fact we haven’t heard of anyone else really tied to Bradley yet this winter.