• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020 MLB World Series Gameday Thread

Chuck

The shortened season reduced the number of injuries suffered by teams, but that applies to everyone. So at the end, teams were closer to full-strength than they might be if they had played a full season.

On the other hand the 16-team tournament was pretty legit. Playing in the bubble removed the home-field advantage. Playing every day definitely raises the degree of difficulty.

So different for sure, but not illegitimate or "cheap" in my view.

Dodgers are only one win away from having an asterisk being placed on their 2020 World Series. 60 games is way too small of a sample size. No other World Series champs have ever played less than 100 games in the regular season that they won it all. Getting to play in the same ballpark for like 15 straight games in the postseason. That will never happen again.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

The shortened season reduced the number of injuries suffered by teams, but that applies to everyone. So at the end, teams were closer to full-strength than they might be if they had played a full season.

On the other hand the 16-team tournament was pretty legit. Playing in the bubble removed the home-field advantage. Playing every day definitely raises the degree of difficulty.

So different for sure, but not illegitimate or "cheap" in my view.

Agree 100%, but they are the ones taking the bait and allowing people to get in their heads.  I still can't stand a lot of their fanbase but 2002 cured a lot of the old "hates" for me.

This title is 100% legit. Pretty much everyone was picking the Dodgers to be in the World Series. For the American League, there were a lot of Yankees predictions but I did see some Rays in there too. It's not like the Marlins and white sox are in the World Series people. The two teams in the World Series are very good and were supposed to be this good.

2 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

Dodgers are only one win away from having an asterisk being placed on their 2020 World Series. 60 games is way too small of a sample size. No other World Series champs have ever played less than 100 games in the regular season that they won it all. Getting to play in the same ballpark for like 15 straight games in the postseason. That will never happen again.

none of this was under their control. get over it.

honestly, it sounds a bit whiney and reeks of jealousy those trying to put down whomever wins this title.  If it were the Angels, the fanbases would be totally on the other side railing against those diminishing the title.  I honestly don't care.  They have earned it and are the example everyone wants to be.  They are not winning it via buying a title or anything.  Anyway, hats off to them if they win.  I personally care more about the Angels getting their house in order and becoming a contender rather than living thru the defeats of others -- except the Bosux (hate them).  

Pederson is an enigma. I wonder where he goes next. Probably somewhere with legit playoff potential so that he can compensate for a poor regular season with playoff success. He sure is increasing his market value. On the 2020 Angels he would have been irrelevant.

You gotta give credit to the Dodger's two out clutch hitting. Top to bottom of their batting order they've come through. 

Pitching still is about control. Rays just got behind too often in the count and gave up walks or hits. Velocity and movement are meaningless unless they set up outs. 

Hoping for a game seven to see drama and heroics.