• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2020 MLB World Series Gameday Thread

Chuck

10 hours ago, ukyah said:

this is not an asterisk championship. 2017 and 2018 were.

Im not trying to shortchange the dodgers (who i hate), but this year is an asterisk. Most of my dodger fan friends say the same.

They are the best team, and they earned it.

But 60 games..... thats almost barely the call up time for prospects to avoid arb. Bout as long as spring training....

3 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Im not trying to shortchange the dodgers (who i hate), but this year is an asterisk. Most of my dodger fan friends say the same.

They are the best team, and they earned it.

But 60 games..... thats almost barely the call up time for prospects to avoid arb. Bout as long as spring training....

IMO, if 2017 is not an asterisk year, then really nothing is.  When a team actively cheats and the results are still "valid," then there will never be an asterisk year.

If the Dodgers win, it'll count, no asterisk.  They were the best team in the regular season and would have likewise run the gamet in the longest playoff schedule ever.

The players didn't get together and say "okay, we'll play this short season, but it won't really count, we'll just do it for fun."  The winner of this series, whether the Dodgers or Rays (and the Rays still do stand a very, very real chance - remember, they fell behind 1-0 to the Yankees in their series), will deserve to be called a champion.

On 10/20/2020 at 8:55 PM, Randy Gradishar said:

Of the world? Probably 50/50.

I'm pretty sure 100% (repeating of course) of Angel fans have seen a Dodger fan in their lifetime.

I was referring of course to your comment about being stabbed by or seeing a Dodger fan commit a stabbing.

2 hours ago, Randy Gradishar said:

comparing extensive video proven cheating with a "story" that says unnamed players think the dodgers may have been stealing signs either by video or traditional means is total and complete bullshit.

it's almost offensive to suggest those are equals, and the whole "somebody cheated so everybody cheated" mantra is elementary level thinking too.

56 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I don't hate the Dogs as much as you guys but I'm definitely hoping the Rays pull this out. 2020 needs a good story.

Also it's fun to tell Dodgers fans their last championship was 32 years ago. 

There are Dodgers fans in New Hampshire?

17 hours ago, Randy Gradishar said:

Twas wondering the same thing.

I'll also never understand how an Angel fan can like the Rams or Lakers. I guess I'm just lucky to have no conflicts of interest, since all Denver and Gainesville teams are chill.

Halos, Rams, and Lakers fan since 1966
LA Kings fan since 1967