• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer!

Chuck

3 minutes ago, disarcina said:

A Bauer signing may change that - but he'll cost a bundle - I think he's the only real quality ace type guy available? Out there?  Angels have to make the playoffs in 2021.  Embarrassing they could not make the expanded playoffs this year.

YES. The Angels have to make the playoffs in 2021.

The fact that they haven't been to the playoffs since 2014 and have only been once since 2009 is pathetic. It only gets more pathetic with the fact that they've had the best player in baseball since 2012 and that their payroll is always in the upper echelon.

1 minute ago, Trendon said:

This is just my speculation, but wouldn't Bauer's outspokenness be more appealing to Arte? Arte has always wanted the big star who is going to attract attention, and Bauer attracts attention. Now, for some people it may not be the right kind of attention, but it's still attention that you wouldn't otherwise gain.

I think Arte wants guys who can help his team get to the postseason.  Call me crazy.

1 minute ago, T.G. said:

I think Arte wants guys who can help his team get to the postseason.  Call me crazy.

Also, you'd think that. But he's also the owner who called off a trade that would've added a quality bat and middle of the rotation starter.

On 1/1/2021 at 1:44 PM, Pancake Bear said:

On mlbtraderumors, you claimed to have a source. Now you're not mentioning that. Why? Because you're entirely full of phony baloney. You haven't the faintest idea how much the Angels will spend. Hubs had you just right: You're a troll.

(And just to be clear, I'm already on record as expecting Bauer to sign elsewhere.)

i've been saying this dude was doing the slow troll for years! 

probably not years.

seriously, his troll moves are second year at best.

22 hours ago, Trendon said:

Also, you'd think that. But he's also the owner who called off a trade that would've added a quality bat and middle of the rotation starter.

good point - when that trade was announced - I thought it was a good one for us -- was not that excited about Joe Peterson who strikes out a lot but the rotation guy - Stripling - I thought was better than the guys we had (and he was). Now Stripling has been exiled to Toronto.  I still fail to understand why an impatient Arte let that good deal for the Halos go by the wayside just because he got impatient. I think the Dodgers were trying to clear some salary space with other deals and that's why the trade took some time -- but when the deal is in your favor you can wait all day IMO. I've long been a fan of Arte's but that move made ZERO sense to me. Stripling probably would have won 10-12 games for us. Better than our fourth /fifth rotation guys - heck Strpling IMO would have been a third starter day one and may have gone up from there.Oh well, Water under the bridge.....