• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer!

Chuck

1 minute ago, Angels 1961 said:

Angels will not spend 30 to 35 mill for Bauer and you are leaving out the Dodgers. Happ is plan D, A is Bauer and he is not coming here. Work plan B and C.

On mlbtraderumors, you claimed to have a source. Now you're not mentioning that. Why? Because you're entirely full of phony baloney. You haven't the faintest idea how much the Angels will spend. Hubs had you just right: You're a troll.

(And just to be clear, I'm already on record as expecting Bauer to sign elsewhere.)

26 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

On mlbtraderumors, you claimed to have a source. Now you're not mentioning that. Why? Because you're entirely full of phony baloney. You haven't the faintest idea how much the Angels will spend. Hubs had you just right: You're a troll.

(And just to be clear, I'm already on record as expecting Bauer to sign elsewhere.)

All I'm saying he's not signing with Angels. Only once has Artie gone over lux tax. Spending all that money Bauer when Angels need 2 starters plus bullpen help, a catcher and RF. Bauer wants to play for a contender, he likes the limelight. So I'm saying he signs with Mets or Dodgers. Bauer will use halos just like Cole did in jacking up his price. Angels not far off in AL west bring in pieces and with 30 to 35 mill they can get those pieces. 

6 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

All I'm saying he's not signing with Angels. Only once has Artie gone over lux tax. Spending all that money Bauer when Angels need 2 starters plus bullpen help, a catcher and RF. Bauer wants to play for a contender, he likes the limelight. So I'm saying he signs with Mets or Dodgers. Bauer will use halos just like Cole did in jacking up his price. Angels not far off in AL west bring in pieces and with 30 to 35 mill they can get those pieces. 

You can state your opinion, but when you are so negative, and you post so often you trend towards trolldom.

I and others here would rather have Bauer and a lower cost guy like Barria than two middling free agents. Odorozzi will cost $15 M plus, Sugano will be in same range, and guys like Richards, Walker, etc will be in the 8-10 M range.

I think Bauer averages 30, not 36-40, but getting him gives you a clear front line starter. Something you don’t have otherwise. 

35 minutes ago, Hubs said:

You can state your opinion, but when you are so negative, and you post so often you trend towards trolldom.

I and others here would rather have Bauer and a lower cost guy like Barria than two middling free agents. Odorozzi will cost $15 M plus, Sugano will be in same range, and guys like Richards, Walker, etc will be in the 8-10 M range.

I think Bauer averages 30, not 36-40, but getting him gives you a clear front line starter. Something you don’t have otherwise. 

With many holes, look at Tampa strong bullpen no name lineup and winning season every year. Angels after many losing seasons is get to playoffs. Next year Pujols contract gone. Trade for a pitcher Joe Musgrove, Sonny Gray, Carlos Carrasco etcI'm saying everything Bauer has said he wants to be on a contender. Just dp not wait like in years past end up with Harvey, Cahill and Teheran. Not being negative just saying everybody banking on Bauer and we need much more than 1 pitcher. Many teams not spending pitchers might be cheaper than u think.

56 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

So how does he use the Angels to drive up his price if the Angels won’t pay that kind of money?

Do we really need: 2 SP, a catcher, more bullpen help, and a RF? And, if so, what realistically will that cost?

We could make do at catcher with Stassi, Bemboom, and Graterol. I don't think anyone loves that, but it's doable. 

Whatever we do at RF can't clog it up for more than a season unless we're trading Adell and/or Marsh, so it needs to be a cheap fill-in. No reason you can't grab a Goodwin type off of waivers or stick with in house options. Joc, for instance, is a pipe dream.

In the bullpen, we have Iglesias, Mayers and Buttrey (hopefully the 2020 and 2019 versions of each) to anchor the pen. Claudio and a few others are around as well. Would love another legit arm. Not a need.

2 SP's. Want, not need.

So, no, we don't 'need' all those things. We could bring in improvements on any and most of those, but they aren't needs. The two most pressing would be catcher and RP, IMO. But between that option and bringing in a legit TOR arm (which I believe Bauer is - not everyone buys that, and that's understandable), it's an easy decision for me. 

21 minutes ago, Stradling said:

So how does he use the Angels to drive up his price if the Angels won’t pay that kind of money?

Has meetings with Angels, Dodgers,Mets and Blue Jays Agents create competition. Angels have to show interest for fan base plus who knows what price will be. I hope they do not get in bidding war for Bauer. Like I said Angels need bullpen help a catcher a RF and 2 starters. If they are smart spread the money around. Angels need a winning season make the playoffs fan base will get excited. Play meaningful games in September. 

9 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

Do we really need: 2 SP, a catcher, more bullpen help, and a RF? And, if so, what realistically will that cost?

We could make do at catcher with Stassi, Bemboom, and Graterol. I don't think anyone loves that, but it's doable. 

Whatever we do at RF can't clog it up for more than a season unless we're trading Adell and/or Marsh, so it needs to be a cheap fill-in. No reason you can't grab a Goodwin type off of waivers or stick with in house options. Joc, for instance, is a pipe dream.

In the bullpen, we have Iglesias, Mayers and Buttrey (hopefully the 2020 and 2019 versions of each) to anchor the pen. Claudio and a few others are around as well. Would love another legit arm. Not a need.

2 SP's. Want, not need.

So, no, we don't 'need' all those things. We could bring in improvements on any and most of those, but they aren't needs. The two most pressing would be catcher and RP, IMO. But between that option and bringing in a legit TOR arm (which I believe Bauer is - not everyone buys that, and that's understandable), it's an easy decision for me. 

2020 and second half of 19 by Buttrey was horrible. Mayers had a great year any thing close to that would be great. You can go with those 3 at catcher but Stassi may not be ready to start season. Angels were in bidding for McCann so that tells me Minasian will upgrade add a catcher. Bullpen can put Sandoval, Pena and if not in rotation Barria. Maddon was saying 2 starters and I think that will happen. RF your right we already have Scott Scheblar as option. I feel 75% of teams will not be spending a lot this off season. Many pitching options bullpen and starters can be had cheap.

10 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Has meetings with Angels, Dodgers,Mets and Blue Jays Agents create competition. Angels have to show interest for fan base plus who knows what price will be. I hope they do not get in bidding war for Bauer. Like I said Angels need bullpen help a catcher a RF and 2 starters. If they are smart spread the money around. Angels need a winning season make the playoffs fan base will get excited. Play meaningful games in September. 

How have the Angels shown interest?  The fan base yes, but the Angels, publicly?  Not that I am aware of.  

19 minutes ago, Stradling said:

How have the Angels shown interest?  The fan base yes, but the Angels, publicly?  Not that I am aware of.  

Your right maybe they have not but Bauer best  out there. Just makes sense they will or have checked in on him. Where they stand on a pursuit who knows. 

5 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Your right maybe they have not but Bauer best  out there. Just makes sense they will or have checked in on him. Where they stand on a pursuit who knows. 

Why are you just making up information? 

You literally said 40 minutes ago that he "Has meetings with Angels." Then you just backtrack it.

The way you word your posts makes it sound like you know things for a fact and then you just say "who knows."

People put too much emphasis on what Maddon says. Him saying in an interview we could use two more starters is meaningless. Duh. Of course we'd like to add two more ideally. Will we? Depends on money. Looking at Barria in 2020, a second SP would be great, but he would probably be serviceable for 2021. 

Point I'm trying to make is, none of us know how much they're going to add. We don't know which spots Minasian feels like would be okay as is and which need a definite upgrade.

Even at catcher, their pursuit of McCann doesn't necessarily tell us they're going to grab someone else. All it tells us is they could upgrade at catcher and they had interest specifically in McCann. They also talked to Molina. Openness to upgrading and interest in specific guys =/= will upgrade at that position no matter what.

27 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Why are you just making up information? 

You literally said 40 minutes ago that he "Has meetings with Angels." Then you just backtrack it.

The way you word your posts makes it sound like you know things for a fact and then you just say "who knows."

Has meetings with Angels was how Bauer's agent will jack up price and try and cause a bidding war.