• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Holy Hell, Trevor Bauer!

Chuck

4 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

All of these factors need to be weighed in the balance, as far as what sort of offer Minasian makes: How does Bauer's personality gel with the Angels and Maddon? What is his true talent level?

I think Minasian also has to balance the financial....Bauer would require a huge commitment...does Minasian want to put that much in one guy or does he prefer to spread it out? Dunno....

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Yep, that was my thought about it.  If he is a problem, the team would know about it.  If Calloway has an issue with him, he's a professional and he will be able to weigh the pros and cons.  People change and grow.  I have a vague recollection of some team mates having an issue with him throwing the ball over the wall when he was removed from a game, but since it wasn’t an Angel I wasn’t that interested in it to be honest.  

This is all true but just to add on to that: Callaway will be particularly helpful here because he actually would've been in a position to know how Bauer is in the clubhouse. I assume Minasian would rely heavily on Callaway as to whether to pursue Bauer. 

26 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

And for what it's worth, I think the Callaway/Bauer dustup is overblown. If it was a real issue, Bauer would have no interest in coming here and the Angels wouldn't pursue him at all. 

I don't think Bauer would care but Callaway might.  

Callaway would just have to understand that Bauer has his own process and might even have strong opinions about how others are being instructed to the point that it could create conflict if it's not handled appropriately.   Maybe Bauer is a savant when it comes instruction and understanding how to make others better.  To me it's something that any team who signs him should consider embracing instead of restricting.  

3 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Callaway would just have to understand that Bauer has his own process and might even have strong opinions about how others are being instructed to the point that it could create conflict if it's not handled appropriately.   Maybe Bauer is a savant when it comes instruction and understanding how to make others better.  To me it's something that any team who signs him should consider embracing instead of restricting.  

Oh okay i get what you’re saying now.

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

you fire a coach because he doesn't get along with one player?  that's absurd.  

I was thinking of it as I’d rather have Bauer then Calloway. Like if Calloway said something like “if you sign him I quit” type of scenario.

2 minutes ago, Bronson said:

I was thinking of it as I’d rather have Bauer then Calloway. Like if Calloway said something like “if you sign him I quit” type of scenario.

If CallAway held that sort of line then Minasian would have to strongly consider why.  That said, I don't think Mickey would ever take such an approach.  

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

Seems like it would be but everyone here is hanging on every morsel of information.

I don't know... we've devolved into discussing if Bauer is too much of a clubhouse cancer to sign. We're losing hope and constructing narratives that will help us cope.

13 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I don't know... we've devolved into discussing if Bauer is too much of a clubhouse cancer to sign. We're losing hope and constructing narratives that will help us cope.

Ha. So true.

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

I don't think Bauer would care but Callaway might.  

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

I'm not concerned about it. If Minasian signed Bauer without knowing about that or did so over Callaway's objections, we probably have bigger problems than a coach and player who don't get along. If Bauer is signed, my assumption is it's a non issue.