• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

BREAKING: Rob Manfred tells ESPN he is less confident there will be a 2020 season; MLB says unless MLBPA waives any legal claims against the league, there will be no 2020 season

2 hours ago, rafibomb said:

SportsCenter Special: The Return of Sports will air 9-11 p.m. ET on ESPN. Commissioners Roger Goodell (NFL), Adam Silver (NBA), Rob Manfred (MLB), Gary Bettman (NHL), Cathy Engelbert (WNBA) and Don Garber (MLS) are expected to participate in a discussion hosted remotely by Get Up's Mike Greenberg.

Yo -- ESPN has to be trolling MLB by airing the Special on Mac/Sosa before this thing...   Cracks me up.

5 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

No -- thats exactly what came out recently.   

There was no such language written into the agreement..  which is why the grievance would go in favor of the players, also why they want them to agree to not file..

It's a joke.

Do you have a link to the agreement?

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

Do you have a link to the agreement?

Nah -- Bill Shaikin and others have been writing about it.   Essentially the story has been that the players were told they would have to renegotiate and that their leadership had failed to tell them that.   But none of that language existed in the actual agreement.

I think this might be one of the articles that talks a little about it.  https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2020-06-13/mlb-players-negotiations-over-ask-owners-when-they-should-report  If i find a direct link I'll send it to you via messages...

9 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Nah -- Bill Shaikin and others have been writing about it.   Essentially the story has been that the players were told they would have to renegotiate and that their leadership had failed to tell them that.   But none of that language existed in the actual agreement.

I think this might be one of the articles that talks a little about it.  https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2020-06-13/mlb-players-negotiations-over-ask-owners-when-they-should-report  If i find a direct link I'll send it to you via messages...

I find it odd that neither side has just leaked the full text of the agreement. You would think it would support one side or the other. Unless, of course, as the attorney in the article above mentioned, it's just an agreement to talk about issues if fans can't be in attendance, and not an actual agreement to decrease salaries in that situation. If it's just an agreement to talk, then both sides kinda look like their attorneys didn't fully figure this out in March (probably in an effort to just get it done).

I'm watching it now. He says he was informed by a lawyer that the players wanted an extra billion dollars right when the season would start. Says they're running out of time and will continue to try to communicate with the MLBPA. Says he is not confident there will be a season.

That was recorded earlier. Thought it was going to be live. Lame. 

8 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

No being able to watch a year  of Trout in his prime. He might have hit .350 with 50 home runs and 140 RBI's with 35 stolen bases this season. Stupid, greedy morons acting like they're not making as much money as everyone else. 

Or he could end up on a ventilator because we just had to do this. 

Edited by RendZone

19 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

No being able to watch a year  of Trout in his prime. He might have hit .350 with 50 home runs and 140 RBI's with 35 stolen bases this season. Stupid, greedy morons acting like they're not making as much money as everyone else. 

Lol when has he ever even gotten close to hitting .350? Or having 140 RBI’s?

4 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

This is the one you want 🙂

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2020-06-10/why-mlb-players-will-prevail-on-getting-full-prorated-salary