• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

BREAKING: Rob Manfred tells ESPN he is less confident there will be a 2020 season; MLB says unless MLBPA waives any legal claims against the league, there will be no 2020 season

What is needed is one representative from each side, preferably two who have worked together in the past and have a working relationship, give them some authority, stop the rhetoric and get it done.  Negotiating publicly with angry statements rarely gets anything done.  Private conversations between folks who want to make a deal rather than spew rancor can get things done.

32 minutes ago, DMVol said:

What is needed is one representative from each side, preferably two who have worked together in the past and have a working relationship, give them some authority, stop the rhetoric and get it done.  Negotiating publicly with angry statements rarely gets anything done.  Private conversations between folks who want to make a deal rather than spew rancor can get things done.

Arbitration?

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

What MLB really needs is a commissioner that looks out for baseball rather than one that looks after the best interest of the owners.  Problem is the owners hire the commissioner and I highly doubt they’ll ever walk this one back.  

I believe this is the employment structure for the vast majority of publicly traded companies.  Replace owners with board of directors and the commissioner with a CEO.  This type of incestuous relationship is not unique to baseball.  This is not a commissioner problem, it is an owner problem.  I agree baseball needs something different than an owner-based commissioner.  It might be time to consider a different business model rather than having a single commissioner.

10 minutes ago, Fourts said:

I apologize in advance to Arte if i am wrong, because my next comment has no factual basis behind it whatsoever.  But i feel like Arte is absolutely one of the 8+ owners who currently do not want a season.  It just makes way too much sense considering everything else.

Maybe but at the same time he has a great TV deal and this year there’s no profit sharing amongst owners. 

38 minutes ago, Fourts said:

I apologize in advance to Arte if i am wrong, because my next comment has no factual basis behind it whatsoever.  But i feel like Arte is absolutely one of the 8+ owners who currently do not want a season.  It just makes way too much sense considering everything else.

3D0EC8C4-3A1C-4773-BB1E-E564EE493A9B.jpeggranted this is a little old, look at the teams that generate the smallest amount of revenue on their tv deal but has a decent size payroll.  Those would be the most likely to vote against a season, especially in a season with no revenue sharing. 

What MLB really needs is a commissioner that looks out for baseball rather than one that looks after the best interest of the owners.  Problem is the owners hire the commissioner and I highly doubt they’ll ever walk this one back.  

The Commissioner is sitting right between a firestorm of greed.  

So if we don’t have a baseball season it’s the Commissioner’s fault? That’s very shortsighted thinking. 

Edited by RendZone

2 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Why doesn’t Mike Trout ask the players rep to answer that question. Maybe they should just call the season so the players can all go play baseball in South Korea for less than 5% of their salary.