• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

BREAKING: Rob Manfred tells ESPN he is less confident there will be a 2020 season; MLB says unless MLBPA waives any legal claims against the league, there will be no 2020 season

2 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

What time is this shit show supposed to come on at?

SportsCenter Special: The Return of Sports will air 9-11 p.m. ET on ESPN. Commissioners Roger Goodell (NFL), Adam Silver (NBA), Rob Manfred (MLB), Gary Bettman (NHL), Cathy Engelbert (WNBA) and Don Garber (MLS) are expected to participate in a discussion hosted remotely by Get Up's Mike Greenberg.

Just now, rafibomb said:

SportsCenter Special: The Return of Sports will air 9-11 p.m. ET on ESPN. Commissioners Roger Goodell (NFL), Adam Silver (NBA), Rob Manfred (MLB), Gary Bettman (NHL), Cathy Engelbert (WNBA) and Don Garber (MLS) are expected to participate in a discussion hosted remotely by Get Up's Mike Greenberg.

LOL..  imagine going on National TV and being the WNBAs bitch....

It's very transparent. The PA is going to file a grievance against the league for failing to negotiate in good faith, and MLB owners know they'll lose, despite how much they've been pretending the players are negotiating in bad faith. That won't fly in a grievance, and so now they have a couple of options. They can either find some way to get the players to agree not file a grievance (maybe make a better offer) or cancel the season. F them.

I laughed out loud literally. Just when you think it can't get any worse, it does. I continue to look at the positives, well, I guess just positive in all of this; less games we have to watch Pujols. If the whole season is canceled, at least it means we didn't have to suffer through another season of him. It also means Arte wouldn't have paid him or the other players so maybe, JUST MAYBE, he actually goes all out whenever the next season is played and puts an actual good team around Trout. A guy can dream....

I mean he'll just get on there and trash the MLBPA and their leadership, right? Seems like a pretty easy playbook. I don't agree with it at all of course, but just keep repeating "We've made reasonable proposals that the union refuses to accept or negotiate from due to misguided leadership." Just hammer it. Answer every question just like that.

5 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

It's very transparent. The PA is going to file a grievance against the league for failing to negotiate in good faith, and MLB owners know they'll lose, despite how much they've been pretending the players are negotiating in bad faith. That won't fly in a grievance, and so now they have a couple of options. They can either find some way to get the players to agree not file a grievance (maybe make a better offer) or cancel the season. F them.

I know you've been saying it too but, this has been pretty obvious for a while now...    

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

The players should take them to court for full pay.   Fuck the owners. 

I sincerely doubt they'll get that, but they should definitely take them to court. They should be getting at least 50% of their full pay. I'm not sure if they should be looking for ST compensation from March and June/July as well, but maybe so.