• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

BREAKING: Rob Manfred tells ESPN he is less confident there will be a 2020 season; MLB says unless MLBPA waives any legal claims against the league, there will be no 2020 season

5 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Manfred loses all credibility if the season is canceled. After you guarantee 100% and then it doesn't happen, all trust is gone. Dude should then resign or be fired/replaced.

I think they are pretty much locked in to losing a grievance now. Only way to avoid it is a deal with the players.

54 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I know some of you hate this dude but..  he's not wrong...

This is the first of 7 tweets where he basically spells out the BS....   It's pretty funny actually.

Manfred didnt say those things at the same time.

F that guy.

F the other guy, too

39 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

SportsCenter Special: The Return of Sports will air 9-11 p.m. ET on ESPN. Commissioners Roger Goodell (NFL), Adam Silver (NBA), Rob Manfred (MLB), Gary Bettman (NHL), Cathy Engelbert (WNBA) and Don Garber (MLS) are expected to participate in a discussion hosted remotely by Get Up's Mike Greenberg.

You have to wonder if Greenberg will start the show off with Manfred, or if he will hold him until last.

The principle the players are trying to protect is pretty simple and it's important that they get it righted for future labor issues and negotiating power.

Let's say I worked at a factory where I make $100 per day. We have to shut down for Covid in March, but before I get furloughed I sign a deal with my boss saying he will still pay me my normal rate of $100 per day whenever it's safe to come back. June rolls around and everyone says it's fine to open the factory up again. All the other factories in the area are opening up and people are going back to work. My boss calls me and says, "Yeah, let's open up and get everyone back to work here... but I can only pay you $70 per day." I say we signed an agreement saying I would come back for $100 per day. Those are the terms under which I'll come back to work. Then he says, "Cool. We'll totally get you that $100 per day, but you can't come back until August. I know everyone else is opening up, and we're ready to go here, but we just can't pay everyone their full daily salary until August." I'd be pissed for two primary reasons. First, that would be my employer effectively holding me wage hostage. I could come back with everyone else in the area for a severe discount, or be out of work for another month or two if I want to stand by my principles. Second, this sets a precedent that my boss can choose to enter into any agreement he wants with me (or anyone else) on paper, but might go back on his word and change the terms at any time. And that second part is a much bigger deal.

Of course the players are to blame too. I have not followed every single tweet or proposal or counter proposal to know which one is to blame more and sucks the least but both of them are greedy, money hungry spoiled brats. We all know what's going on in the world and these 2 sides BOTH can't realize the significance of what playing baseball ASAP means and put aside their differences until at least the off-season. Bitch and moan and slap each other once the last pitch in the World Series has been thrown. They should have both just taken a loss and realized it wasn't going to be a good situation for either of them. None of these guys are going homeless or will be foreclosed on etc. It's already been stated many times but I can't have sympathy for anyone that makes the kind of money they do when many of us are just hoping we get another $1200 stimulus check within the next month or 2 when many guys make that EVERYDAY they play baseball.  I am sick of both sides and they are both in the wrong.

Whatever that agreement BOTH sides came to in March should be honored. If the owners or players interpreted such an important agreement a certain way, the people that wrote out the agreement need to be fired. Go to freaking court then and find out which side is right in the contract. Do that TOMORROW!

21 minutes ago, ScottT said:

F the players, too

Bless your heart.

14 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Well I think you completely blaming the players is nonsense, and reeks of jealousy, with all due respect.  

Some people also have presuppositions they can't get past. Facts and data are meaningless. Personally, I've never been reflexively pro-players. I tend to lean pro-owner, but this whole debacle has been a gigantic mess - and it's been mostly from the owners side. For once, I have few complaints about the players side. Except Tony Clark. F that guy.

3 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Of course the players are to blame too. I have not followed every single tweet or proposal or counter proposal to know which one is to blame more and sucks the least but both of them are greedy, money hungry spoiled brats. We all know what's going on in the world and these 2 sides BOTH can't realize the significance of what playing baseball ASAP means and put aside their differences until at least the off-season. Bitch and moan and slap each other once the last pitch in the World Series has been thrown. They should have both just taken a loss and realized it wasn't going to be a good situation for either of them. None of these guys are going homeless or will be foreclosed on etc. It's already been stated many times but I can't have sympathy for anyone that makes the kind of money they do when many of us are just hoping we get another $1200 stimulus check within the next month or 2 when many guys make that EVERYDAY they play baseball.  I am sick of both sides and they are both in the wrong.

The players and owners had an agreement in March. The billionaires are not willing to honor that agreement because they don't want to lose money. The greed rests with the owners and not the players. The players simply want the agreement from March to be honored.

Just now, Pancake Bear said:

Bless your heart.

Some people also have presuppositions they can't get past. Facts and data are meaningless. Personally, I've never been reflexively pro-players. I tend to lean pro-owner, but this whole debacle has been a gigantic mess - and it's been mostly from the owners side. For once, I have few complaints about the players side. Except Tony Clark. F that guy.

This is exactly where I am -- have always been fully in support of the owners, I was too young to have an opinion for the early stoppages and by the time collusion had come and gone the owners had seemingly learned their lessons and were playing it straight.   Not this batch, they have done a 180 and turned ugly.