• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

BREAKING: Rob Manfred tells ESPN he is less confident there will be a 2020 season; MLB says unless MLBPA waives any legal claims against the league, there will be no 2020 season

Again, I miss baseball... but if there isn't a season, it won't ruin my life.  I'll be disappointed, but I'll get over it.  It's hard for me to get worked up over something out of my control. I don't like what's happening to the game I enjoy at all.  It sucks.  I don't care who the blame belong to.  It just sucks.

3 hours ago, Lhalo said:

Season Over

The owners have the upper hand. Just where else are they going to take their  God given baseball talent and get compensated as well as they do.
When you see some of these ridiculous salaries there comes a day when you just price yourself right out of a job.  

Edited by RendZone

2 hours ago, RendZone said:

The owners have the upper hand. Just where else are they going to take your God given baseball talent and get compensated as well as they do.
When you see some of these ridiculous salaries there comes a day when you just price yourself right out of a job.  

It is a Free Market so what is going to stop salaries from rising?  At the same time Owners are getting more and more in compensation from Broadcasting rights.  I expect Advertising rates are also rising based on what we see each year for the Superbowl. 

If the Owners continue to get more income from the product, why shouldn't the players get more as well?

Edit:  of course one alternative is that all of the income goes to a central committee and then everyone gets an equal share.

Edited by Slegnaac

6 hours ago, Fourts said:

I apologize in advance to Arte if i am wrong, because my next comment has no factual basis behind it whatsoever.  But i feel like Arte is absolutely one of the 8+ owners who currently do not want a season.  It just makes way too much sense considering everything else.

Doubtful... Arte will make good money this season... assuming they have one.

This is an estimate of team profits from an 82 game season, with pro-rated salaries before seeing any post season revenue.

Screenshot-2020-06-09-at-10_58.43-AM-Edited-1.thumb.png.ff1a6e68291159df677c3d8659bab771.png

7 hours ago, Stradling said:

Yes, you don’t think this is a negotiation?

I just didn’t drink any of that Kool Aid the media was serving. Not a drop. 
If there is no baseball I certainly hope that they use the idle time to fix everything that’s wrong with baseball. It’s a unique opportunity that comes around every quarter century. 

Goodnight Irene (an old country tune Gene Autry recorded) Baseball and MLB is done for this year and if there's no 2020 season - with the collective bargaining agreement ending after 'this' season (what season?) -- chances are the relationship is so toxic between the owners and MLBPA - there won't be an agreement before the start the 2021 season so expect the NO BASEBALL to linger beyond 2020.

I don't think MLB can afford to let NHL and NBA take center stage this summer.

Commissioner Manfred's comments are ominous - looks like no baseball for a while.

9 minutes ago, disarcina said:

Goodnight Irene (an old country tune Gene Autry recorded) Baseball and MLB is done for this year and if there's no 2020 season - with the collective bargaining agreement ending after 'this' season (what season?) -- chances are the relationship is so toxic between the owners and MLBPA - there won't be an agreement before the start the 2021 season so expect the NO BASEBALL to linger beyond 2020.

I don't think MLB can afford to let NHL and NBA take center stage this summer.

Commissioner Manfred's comments are ominous - looks like no baseball for a while.

So expect a lock-out for 2021?  Not sure that would be legal.

3 hours ago, RendZone said:

I just didn’t drink any of that Kool Aid the media was serving. Not a drop. 
If there is no baseball I certainly hope that they use the idle time to fix everything that’s wrong with baseball. It’s a unique opportunity that comes around every quarter century. 

i understand what it is to hope for something, but do you actually think a collective that can't get a season played when it has unilateral authority to implement a season is somehow going to maximize their "idle time" to fix everything that's wrong with MLB?

i'd think not.

nothing will get fixed and manfred certainly won't be fired.