• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Eppler replacements

mmc

While many people here have talked about Eppler getting replaced at the end of the season (I am of course infamous for this), I feel like no one has ever actually talked about who they'd like to have replace him.  So regardless of if you think Eppler deserves to be fired or not, if Arte elects to not renew his contract, who do you want to replace him?  I personally would like to hire a GM whose strength is player development.

I'd try and lure some of the second in command GM's behind a President of Baseball Ops with a "President of Baseball Ops" title of their own to be the President of Baseball Ops and GM.

Some guys that could fit that: Jed Hoyer, Mike Chernoff, Thad Levine, and David Forst.

My preference would be David Forst because 1) I think he is a really good GM and 2) your gain is the A's loss.

people get fired in this line of work because the players or their team don't perform. if there's no season, there's no reason to fire or promote him or anyone else. 

why anyone here wants to discuss this right now seems ridiculous to me.