• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels fire clubhouse manager

m0nkey

wNVvkwK.png

There's some serious fuckery afoot here and I'm seriously considering getting a restraining order on the internet.

First of all, I had no idea teams had a "Visiting Clubhouse Manager". That's like being a bellhop. Did he fill the Gatorade jugs? If so he probably laced them with seminal fluids. I just can't even right now. I need a cigarette and I don't smoke. Oh OH and there's a fucking AWARD for BEST VISITING CLUBHOUSE MANAGER Jeff Fletcher fade me now.

Secondly, this motherfucker was doctoring baseballs....in the visitors clubhouse? Do they use those balls during the game? If so, was he doing it to help the Angels, or hurt them? What was he doctoring them with? We're the Angels in on this? I'm literally shaking right now trying to fully understand this insipid fucktardery.

If they don't use them during the game, then why, and I seriously cannot stress this next part enough, the thermoindustrial FUCK was he doctoring baseballs? Was he putting AIDS on them so the visiting teams would contract AIDS when using said baseballs? If that were the case I would sympathize with his endeavor, but I certainly would not understand it.

"Illegal substances" does that mean "illegal" illegal or "baseball" illegal. I can't imagine him putting cocaine on them so I assume it's boogers or fecal residue. Or tar. Or AIDS. 

Lastly, what the actual fuck. 

Edited by tdawg87

8 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

wNVvkwK.png

There's some serious fuckery afoot here and I'm seriously considering getting a restraining order on the internet.

First of all, I had no idea teams had a "Visiting Clubhouse Manager". That's like being a bellhop. Did he fill the Gatorade jugs? If so he probably laced them with seminal fluids. I just can't even right now. I need a cigarette and I don't smoke. Oh OH and there's a fucking AWARD for BEST VISITING CLUBHOUSE MANAGER Jeff Fletcher fade me now.

Secondly, this motherfucker was doctoring baseballs....in the visitors clubhouse? Do they use those balls during the game? If so, was he doing it to help the Angels, or hurt them? What was he doctoring them with? We're the Angels in on this? I'm literally shaking right now trying to fully understand this insipid fucktardery.

If they don't use them during the game, then why, and I seriously cannot stress this next part enough, the thermoindustrial FUCK was he doctoring baseballs? Was he putting AIDS on them so the visiting teams would contract AIDS when using said baseballs? If that were the case I would sympathize with his endeavor, but I certainly would not understand it.

"Illegal substances" does that mean "illegal" illegal or "baseball" illegal. I can't imagine him putting cocaine on them so I assume it's boogers or fecal residue. Or tar. Or AIDS. 

Lastly, what the actual fuck. 

Best Visiting Clubhouse Dude. Nice.

I just smoked a cig for you.

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Doesn't it strain credulity that he conveniently only helped the opposition?  Yes, I understand he was the visiting clubhouse manager, but he has a long history with the Angels--and he just happens to only help the OPPONENTS cheat? 

bullshit GIF

I mean, if he's helping everyone cheat then what the hell is the point? Does he just really love pitchers duels?

Mentored by Gaylord Perry with his arsenal of little devices?

Bat and Ball 'doctoring' had been going since the beginning of the game. With various substances and implements. Hair grease, nail files, the elementary spitball, pine tar, cork, etc. Trying to detect and enforce has met with varying degrees if success. Every player tries to get an edge. Some try these physical techniques. With mixed results.

But having an outside source brings in a new angle. What was delivered? Common items or specialized whatever?  Players too lazy to bring in the stuff themselves?  Or unavilable through normal channels? 

Normally cheaters want discretion and silence about their deeds. Having an in house agent means that others will find out.

An Angel employee  explicitly aiding and abetting the opposition to defeat his employer's team?  Willingly breaking the rules of the game?

Is this a wide spread thing around the leagues? 

Angels need to come to grips with what's going on in and around the clubhouses. 

next up - Angels fire several members of their media and technology team for installing a monitor with live video feed of Angels players at bats in the visiting dugout tunnel.  

'they told us they wanted to see what the pitch looked like from behind.  

rally money admits to being part of the conspiracy.  one flip for fastball.  two for off speed. 

1 minute ago, Dochalo said:

next up - Angels fire several members of their media and technology team for installing a monitor with live video feed of Angels players at bats in the visiting dugout tunnel.  

'they told us they wanted to see what the pitch looked like from behind.  

rally money admits to being part of the conspiracy.  one flip for fastball.  two for off speed. 

car stealing GIF

There is a lot that goes into being the visitor’s clubhouse manager. I’ve read about a few different ones over the years. If you’re interested, @tdawg87, here is a write up on PHI’s visitor’s clubhouse guy and what the job entails. FWIW, Ryne Sandberg thanked CHC’s longtime clubhouse manager in his HoF speech.

https://philliesinsider.mlblogs.com/behind-the-scene-manager-visiting-clubhouse-7364f116ad5?gi=4ab540808622

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

Doesn't it strain credulity that he conveniently only helped the opposition?  Yes, I understand he was the visiting clubhouse manager, but he has a long history with the Angels--and he just happens to only help the OPPONENTS cheat? 

bullshit GIF

i don't know the story yet, because i can't read it, but i'd imagine them firing him should serve as evidence that they're not happy with him.