• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels fire clubhouse manager

m0nkey

15 minutes ago, Jeremiah said:

There is a lot that goes into being the visitor’s clubhouse manager. I’ve read about a few different ones over the years. If you’re interested, @tdawg87, here is a write up on PHI’s visitor’s clubhouse guy and what the job entails. FWIW, Ryne Sandberg thanked CHC’s longtime clubhouse manager in his HoF speech.

https://philliesinsider.mlblogs.com/behind-the-scene-manager-visiting-clubhouse-7364f116ad5?gi=4ab540808622

that's a very cool article.  Those guys are pampered six ways from Sunday.  I wouldn't be surprised if there was a designated ass wiper.  what a racket. 

Sources: Angels fire visiting clubhouse manager for aiding opposing pitchers https://es.pn/2InqO9Z

@tdawg87I couldn't get the LAT article to open on my phone, but I read this one from ESPN which has some details. This story still doesn't make a lot of sense, and I was also surprised to learn that a "visiting Clubhouse manager" even exists. Wtf. 

Angels visiting team survey. 

We appreciate any feedback that you can provide on your teams recent visit to Angels Stadium. How was your visit?

”Terrific, your clubhouse manager was very courteous and extremely helpful. Thank you.”

Yea, I knew there was such thing as visiting and home team clubhouse managers and of course other attendants.  I also know that these guys, at least in the visiting clubhouse, get tipped by the players for taking care of their uniforms, the clubhouse and other tasks they are slated with.  My guess, and this is only a guess, is “Bubba” was getting pretty damn good tips for providing this for the pitchers on the visiting team.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yea, I knew there was such thing as visiting and home team clubhouse managers and of course other attendants.  I also know that these guys, at least in the visiting clubhouse, get tipped by the players for taking care of their uniforms, the clubhouse and other tasks they are slated with.  My guess, and this is only a guess, is “Bubba” was getting pretty damn good tips for providing this for the pitchers on the visiting team.  

There’s actually an ATM outside the visiting clubhouse specifically so the players can grab cash to tip the clubhouse manager. Dead serious. 

34 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

There’s actually an ATM outside the visiting clubhouse specifically so the players can grab cash to tip the clubhouse manager. Dead serious. 

I’m pretty sure that they gave Bubba a tip and left envelopes for both Cahill and Harvey. 

So the MLB should open an investigation., and punish all those teams that cheated by having them forfeit their next two years of first round picks.  It only seems fair.  Over the last 15 years, I think that would make 29 teams he helped cheat.