• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Eppler: "I have nothing active now" in regards to improving the starting pitching

mmc

31 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

What is he supposed to say?  I have multiple deals in the works?  No.

He isn’t going to say that now and then have the media in his face 24/7 on what is happening, and he also doesn’t want the absence of a deal to look like another failure to execute.

I believe he is going to say this no matter if he has four deals working or zero.

i think he's being as open as you'll ever see him. eppler knows how to use doublespeak, and he's using none of that. his statement is cut and dry, and plain spoken.

Fabian adds that last line... "We're open to it..."

Maria's question is different from Jeff's question which was: "Asked if he could still supplement the starting pitching, #Angels GM Billy Eppler said: "I have nothing active right now."

Maria's question was specific to the Dodgers and others weren't posed the same way.

It's like a game of telephone...

Edited by True Grich

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I thought it was Arte who pulled out. 

No way Arte pulls out of the deal if it wasn't changed from what was originally reported. My guess is the terms changed once the Red Sox/Twins/Dodgers deal was altered (getting Graterol). If the Dodgers came back and said, well we dont really need player X so give us player Y instead, i'm guessing that went to Arte and he said hell no. If i had to guess, i'm thinking Player X was a pitcher they valued (like a Soriano or Yan) and then it changed to their next highest (perhaps Adams). 

Negotiations change all the time and in reality the public is only seeing the 1% of things that actually happen. Typically when "rumors" come out, its for 1 side to gain leverage or to put other clubs on notice that certain people are up for discussion. 

16 minutes ago, Stradling said:

And none of that matters when it comes to managing emotions. 

i think it'd be a lot more awkward if rengifo was actively trying to leave but somehow his deal fell through and he had to return to a team he was trying to leave. 

i'd imagine the guys will give him a slap on the back, tell him it's good to see him, and get back to business as usual.

Man, that's disappointing.  What he really needs to say is:

"Phew, I am desperate for starting pitching!  Des-per-ate!  I'm working those phones and talking to anyone who will listen 'Have you seen my rotation?! I needs help, yo! Won't someone help a man out?!' I've got my knee pads on and I am ready and am willing to do what it takes."

It's professional and it shows he's really, really trying...

Really..