• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Eppler: "I have nothing active now" in regards to improving the starting pitching

mmc

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I agree, shame on you.  He owes us nothing yet gives us what he can.  

And I appreciate that.  My guess is he wants to be treated normally (meaning people feel free to express their opinion with him and not be afraid to disagree). . .of course with respect.

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

And I appreciate that.  My guess is he wants to be treated normally (meaning people feel free to express their opinion with him and not be afraid to disagree). . .of course with respect.

It doesn’t bother me when people disagree with me. When I express an opinion, obviously it’s just an opinion. I try not to express many of those anyway. Mostly I’m just here to provide information. 

12 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Come on Jeff.  Context and timing.  In the early offseason or mid offseason he is going to say that of course.  Every offseason you have things to get done.  He of course is going to let people know he is doing his job.

This late in the offseason, coming off the failed trade, he isn’t going to say he has multiple trades developing.  In THIS context and THIs timing there is no way he says that.

If he said he had multiple trades going NOW, it would trigger all kinds of additional questions and attention he doesn’t want.

”So you are not satisfied with what you have now?”  “Does this mean you consider your offseason moves inadequate?”  “So the failed trade has left you with the need for another deal?”  “Were these deals part of the motivation to pull out if the other deal?”  “Is Arte involved in these ongoing trade talks?”

Jeff, in the context and timing of NOW, Eppler is not going to say he has trade activity right now as he would in the early offseason.  He wants to get off this subject right now.

talk about timing and context.  You're not the one standing in front of him gauging the room and the situation.  Nor do you have to consider maintaining a relationship with the guy that you could burn with the wrong question.  Life is not a message board.  

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

It doesn’t bother me when people disagree with me. When I express an opinion, obviously it’s just an opinion. I try not to express many of those anyway. Mostly I’m just here to provide information. 

And read the equally informing posts and articles, Jeff, you can tell us the truth! 🤣