• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mookie Betts and David Price to the Dodgers, Kenta Maeda to the Twins, Brusdal Graterol and Alex Verdugo to the Red Sox , Angels trade Luis Rengifo to the Dodgers for Joc Pederson

mmc

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

I think it's the fact that Pederson is a free agent after this season that has people scratching their heads a bit.

Rengifo is just dead weight. There’s literally no where to put him. Even if Simmons leaves you have Fletcher to take that spot and La Stella at 2nd. 

1 minute ago, DMVol said:

He’s a good player, not the point....if they really think Adell is close to ready, it makes no sense....

I don’t think they expect Adell to be up to start the season. Nothing wrong with that. He didn’t have much time in aaa if I’m remembering correctly. 

Just now, DMVol said:

He’s a good player, not the point....if they really think Adell is close to ready, it makes no sense....

Not necessarily.  Pederson can play more than one spot, including 1B.
I personally felt like putting all the faith in goodwin was a reach as he excels in the 4th role but i wasnt convinced on the fill time RF option.
Our offense is going to be elite.

6 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

I don’t think they expect Adell to be up to start the season. Nothing wrong with that. He didn’t have much time in aaa if I’m remembering correctly. 

Sure, that’s the plan....but why trade for a good player like Peterson when you have Goodwin to keep Adell’s seat warm? What do you do with Peterson when Adell is ready? 

I have to think more on this but my initial reaction is that I dislike trading Rengifo’s control for Pederson.  I get the lefty bat in the line up is good.  But we don’t *need* more outfielders.  The asset should have been used for pitching.  Hell, we need a 1B.    I don’t get it.  

anyway.  Pederson is a pretty good player that has definitely matured at the plate.  I’m not disappointed to see him in the line up. 

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

I have to think more on this but my initial reaction is that I dislike trading Rengifo’s control for Pederson.  I get the lefty bat in the line up is good.  But we don’t *need* more outfielders.  The asset should have been used for pitching.  Hell, we need a 1B.    I don’t get it.  

anyway.  Pederson is a pretty good player that has definitely matured at the plate.  I’m not disappointed to see him in the line up. 

Pederson plays 1B too.

1 minute ago, ScottSted said:

Pederson plays 1B too.

People keep saying that, but just because the Dodgers stuck him there for 20 games last year doesn't mean he "plays 1B."  He was brutal there (6 errors in 20 games), and he's never played 1B at any other point professionally (majors or minors).

This is a good move.  poopoo it all you want but we just slotted in a 249/339/877 bat against RH with 36 bombs, for a utility infielder.  Goodwin hits LH well for a lefty he plays those days, we just got a ton better.  
He can also play 1B.
WE upgraded the RF WAR but at least a full point.
This is a good thing.
Who did you think Rengifo was going to get pitching wise anyway?