• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

23 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

It makes sense that a $2 trillion package would take time to negotiate. You better believe the Republican version is packed full of golden parachutes for executives while largely screwing over the majority of the population. 

LOL. I’m sure the dems want free condos for bums. All these politicians suck. Don’t act like one side is morally higher than the other. 

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

2 hours ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

It makes sense that a $2 trillion package would take time to negotiate. You better believe the Republican version is packed full of golden parachutes for executives while largely screwing over the majority of the population. 

Exactly. Yet the right will blame Pelosi for this, as always. 

Mayor Garcetti’s update tonight really pushed social distancing. He’s seen too many instances of people gathering at parks and beaches, and even mentioned that there are still bus tours of the stars going on in Hollywood. 

A longtime family friend lost an uncle today here in LA county to the virus. No details on how or when he was infected but he took seriously on Friday, was hospitalized on Saturday, and died today. Comments from a couple of his friends included a person whose grandmother is infected but refused to allow anyone to go shopping for her. Downright adamant about it.

Please take this virus seriously and keep your distance.

The building my company works out of is in complete lock down since Friday night at midnight. No card key access to any doors or elevators until further notice. They will have to pay for my Avid along with a business speed internet service so I can upload and download show media from home. It is possible but we are going to be really jumping through hoops to make this happen. We still don't know how the show review will work so the EP can watch the final.

At some point in time, the cost for treatment and to the economy for shutting down will exceed what any sane person would spend to save a life.  We have 2.878 Million deaths per year in the US (population 330 Million) or less than 1% (actually .0087%).  One third of these deaths are from cardio vascular disease, 60,000 from drug overdoses and 38,000 from auto accidents, etc.  Taking the Chinese statistics and multiplying the total cases by 6 (this is the estimate of total cases to reported cases claimed by experts), we get a death rate of .0067%.  Using this death percentage we get a total for the US of 2.2 Million more deaths than we had before Covid-19(again bearing in mind that heart disease is a factor in these deaths but is not being deducted).  We seem very willing to spend over two trillion dollars to prevent these Covid-19 deaths and to help repair the damage to the economy  of these emergency business shut downs and stay in place orders.  2.2 Trillion dollars represents one million dollars for every death from Covid-19.  The US people are all willing to endure a couple of weeks of self quarantine and then assess where we are, but this talk of shutting down the economy for months does not seem practical.  From a personal standpoint, I am 74, have restricted lung disease and also Cardio Vascular Disease (having had two strokes and a heart attack) so I will probably be included in these death statistics in a few years anyhow.  Let's not ruin the economy for everyone else (including my wife and children).  

3 minutes ago, LAAMike said:

At some point in time, the cost for treatment and to the economy for shutting down will exceed what any sane person would spend to save a life.  We have 2.878 Million deaths per year in the US (population 330 Million) or less than 1% (actually .0087%).  One third of these deaths are from cardio vascular disease, 60,000 from drug overdoses and 38,000 from auto accidents, etc.  Taking the Chinese statistics and multiplying the total cases by 6 (this is the estimate of total cases to reported cases claimed by experts), we get a death rate of .0067%.  Using this death percentage we get a total for the US of 2.2 Million more deaths than we had before Covid-19(again bearing in mind that heart disease is a factor in these deaths but is not being deducted).  We seem very willing to spend over two trillion dollars to prevent these Covid-19 deaths and to help repair the damage to the economy  of these emergency business shut downs and stay in place orders.  2.2 Trillion dollars represents one million dollars for every death from Covid-19.  The US people are all willing to endure a couple of weeks of self quarantine and then assess where we are, but this talk of shutting down the economy for months does not seem practical.  From a personal standpoint, I am 74, have restricted lung disease and also Cardio Vascular Disease (having had two strokes and a heart attack) so I will probably be included in these death statistics in a few years anyhow.  Let's not ruin the economy for everyone else (including my wife and children).  

In the end, the economy is an imaginary concept that people have accepted but it is not necessarily any truth. People living, that is really the responsibility of society, not generation of wealth. Take care Mike, wouldn't want you be a statistic of greed. 

5 hours ago, Tank said:

Saw a tweet where someone went off the rails about Airbnb not giving cancellation fees to homeowners who lost customers.

Airbnb is a slimy company. I've heard multiple stories about their greediness.

16 minutes ago, Blarg said:

In the end, the economy is an imaginary concept that people have accepted but it is not necessarily any truth. People living, that is really the responsibility of society, not generation of wealth. Take care Mike, wouldn't want you be a statistic of greed. 

I totally agree that society has a responsibility to avoid the loss of life and not to the generation of wealth, but the loss of wealth from losing your job is being caused by the government's attempts to manage this problem through shutdowns and the loss of this income for all laid off folks is a cost that may be too great to bear.   Let's revisit this in a week or so when we can begin to see the effect of these stay in place orders. 

Edited by LAAMike
More info

1 hour ago, RallyMo said:

Ugh:

https://covidactnow.org

My goodness.

44 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

A Medical Worker Describes Terrifying Lung Failure From COVID-19 — Even in His Young Patients

https://www.propublica.org/article/a-medical-worker-describes--terrifying-lung-failure-from-covid19-even-in-his-young-patients

Between these two articles I do not want to venture out of the house for the next two months. I think that is about when the freezer is empty and we are out of canned goods. 

1 hour ago, LAAMike said:

Great points and stay safe.  I have hard time believing all this just about saving lives anyway. We can save 3000 lives a day for free but nobody seems to care about the 40 million babies since roe v wade. things may change but we are losing about the same lives per day as the flu. we dont  get daily updates on the flu.