• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

4 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

How long do veggies last?

It's been a while, but think at least double if not a day or two more with doubling. If regular veggies like asparagus last maybe a week, it will be two if not more.

Another thing I did was add this thing that I found at Mothers at the end of the 55 in Costa Mesa/Newport. I'll post it in a post after this because I don't know how to add a phone pic to my laptop and post here.

But essentially, the bags hold and deflect the vegetable gas while keeping out the fridge gas that helps veggies go bad fast. I keep the veggies in the veggie/ crisper bin below and throw in the thing I'm going to post below. The bags keep out the gasses and the little thing below also clears the bin of gasses that help veggies and fruits rot quicker. It's an amazing thing.

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Amazing Larry

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

5E1AF37F-2D97-4055-A9A5-A5FBFA18C9A0.jpeg

This thing has something inside that emits a chemical that fights fridge chemicals that make veggies and fruits go bad quick. You can actually throw this thing in by itself and be good, but this plus the bags is a godsend for keeping everything fresh. I just toss one in each bin for fruits and veggies nd am good for a lot longer than expected.

Edited by Brandon

21 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Sleeveless shirts with the American flag.  Titties.  AMERICAN beer that isn’t made by dudes with beards.  Fishing.  Not buying cars made by Japanese.  Never having to hire a plumber.  Trucker hats.

Put that in the stimulus bill and smoke it.

that sounds like the trailer park across the street from where i grew up. You would have to add a bocephus to the shirt

8 hours ago, arch stanton said:

The military doesn't allow aircrews or other equipment operators to use this because one side effect is severe night terrors and possible hallucination 

I already have severe night terrors over this damn virus. Up every morning at 4 am and not able to get back to sleep.

I wish I had never started this thread.

4 min ago

Scientists working on $25 coronavirus test

From CNN's Nick Paton Walsh

Scientists at Oxford University have developed a 30-minute test for COVID-19, which can be done anywhere. The raw materials for it cost about $25.

A team at the Engineering Science Laboratory, working with partner medics in China had an 8 week head-start on developing the test, which uses a mix of chemicals and enzymes which turn from pink to yellow in color in the presence of the virus.

The test has a huge advantage in both its speed, but also because the chemicals only need to be kept at 65°C (or 150°F) for half an hour, which can be done easily in any hospital, or even eventually at home.

While there are hurdles ahead, the test may be able to complete clinical trials in the coming days.

"We have 3 things to do," Professor Zhengfang Cui, who led the team, said. "The first is to get clinical trials. We just started those here at Oxford University Hospital. The second thing is regulatory approval, which is based on the number of tests done.

"The third is to get industry partners to implement large scale manufacture. For that, we need clean rooms and manufacturing facilities. And then we can roll out he product," Zhenfang said, adding that he hoped the steps can be completed in 2 to 4 weeks.

Senator Klobuchar's husband has been diagnosed with the virus. It started with a fever and he was coughing up blood. He has pneumonia and is hospitalized. 🙁

She's in the Senate working on the stimulus bill and has had no contact with her husband for the past week or so. I think that's what the reporter said. 

2 min ago

New York has more than 20,000 positive cases

More than 20,000 people across the state of New York have tested positive for coronavirus, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced in a news conference Monday.

“In absolute terms, New York has by far the greatest need in the nation,” he said.

Here's a breakdown of the latest numbers in the state:

• 20,875 positive cases, including 5,707 new cases.
  • 16,000 people were tested overnight.
  • To date, there have been around 78,000 people tested. About 25% of all testing nationwide is being done in New York.
  • 13% of positive cases are being hospitalized (has gone has high as 20, 21% previously). 24% of that 13% require hospital ICU beds.

I would expect somewhere like New York to be one of the hardest hit places.  We have an office in NY and a few weeks ago someone from a different floor working in the building who hadn't been to work in over a week tested positive and the entire building was shutdown.  Everyone I've talked to in that office takes some form of public transportation to get to work and some take two the further out they live.  People packed like sardines in public transportation would be a breeding ground for any virus. 

3 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

I already have severe night terrors over this damn virus. Up every morning at 4 am and not able to get back to sleep.

I wish I had never started this thread.

Hang in there buddy. Write the an authorized history of Bixby Knolls

12 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

2 min ago

New York has more than 20,000 positive cases

More than 20,000 people across the state of New York have tested positive for coronavirus, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced in a news conference Monday.

“In absolute terms, New York has by far the greatest need in the nation,” he said.

Here's a breakdown of the latest numbers in the state:

• 20,875 positive cases, including 5,707 new cases.
  • 16,000 people were tested overnight.
  • To date, there have been around 78,000 people tested. About 25% of all testing nationwide is being done in New York.
  • 13% of positive cases are being hospitalized (has gone has high as 20, 21% previously). 24% of that 13% require hospital ICU beds.

These numbers bear out the 2.2 million deaths I mentioned in my original post on the million dollar cost per live saved (covers both loss of income and keeping businesses afloat so that you have a job when this ends and the medical costs). Assuming that 80% of the US population is tested and 26.7 % are positive and 13% of these are hospitalized and 24% of those hospitalized require an ICU bed, then that number is 2.199 Million.  I have not seen how many ICU patients ultimately recover but I cannot imagine that the percentage is that high.  I arrived at my figures by looking at the Chinese data applied to the US and the data from NY is used in the above.  So the ballpark figure of over two million deaths from Covid-19 appears to have some statistical basis and bear in mind that this 2 million plus figure does not deduct the nearly 900,000 deaths per year from Cardio Vascular Disease and the regular flu.  So the cost may be close to 2.0 Million dollars for each life saved which includes the economic relief package also.  Seems like a high price to pay, but let's see if the data from the 15 day stay at home program produces further data before deciding.  

Had our first confirmed death this morning. And a doc on the radio an hour ago just said a part of the problem with testing is too many false positives... so, even people who test negative, are dying from it

I think this explains why china for example is saying its contained, and why ny and la have stopped testing

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Had our first confirmed death this morning. And a doc on the radio an hour ago just said a part of the problem with testing is too many false positives... so, even people who test negative, are dying from it

I think this explains why china for example is saying its contained, and why ny and la have stopped testing

Wouldn't that be a false negative?  

China is China and them commies are seeing their money disappear so they will say anything and suppress the truth.  

I haven't heard that NY and LA have stopped testing.  At least in LA, I've heard they are increasing testing.  And that model seems to have worked in South Korea.  So not doing it just seems like a stupid thing to do.

I think the big one is going to be like the article above, when a rapid test becomes available.  I.e. a pregnancy test where you could find out in minutes, even at home.  That would take the guesswork out, and make quarantines more effective, and stop the rate of transmission, while hopefully opening the economy back up.  I think right now, the tests take up to 5 days, not to mention it being limited.  And a lot can happen in 5 days, transmission wise.