• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

The best way to kill coronavirus in cars

Experts are still trying to determine exactly how long the COVID-19 coronavirus can survive on different surfaces, but early indicators are that it can persist for days on hard plastics and metals.

You’ll find plenty of those in cars, which makes disinfecting frequently used ones a priority, especially if multiple passengers are involved. But while the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Environmental Protection Agency have identified several cleaning products that work best on the virus, many of them, like those that contain bleach or hydrogen peroxide, can easily damage a vehicle’s interior surfaces and components and ammonia is bad for touchscreen displays.

However, there’s one category that’s generally fine, according to Consumer Reports: solutions with at least 70 percent alcohol.

A representative from automotive interior parts supplier Yanfeng told the organization that the company uses isopropyl alcohol to clean components in the factory and that it is safe on virtually everything it makes, from plastics to painted chrome and imitation leather.

It can also be used on the surface of fabric upholstery and real leathers, but soap and water are also effective, according to the report. However, scrubbing too hard can remove color, and leather should be treated with a conditioner after cleaning with any product.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/how-to-kill-coronavirus-in-cars

CLICK HERE FOR THE EPA'S LIST OF APPROVED CORONAVIRUS DISINFECTANTS

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

59 minutes ago, angelinkc said:

33 minutes ago, Jason said:

I guess you can't trust anything these days. Side note, I actually went through Google, not Wikipedia. So we have 12k from KC, 18k from me, and more than 18k from Jason. Good times.

Screen Shot 2020-03-21 at 6.28.57 PM.png

Edited by Brandon

Were going to buy about 20k KN95 masks (pretty much N95)   

Should we sell them at nearly break even, or inflate the price but compensate by giving 1/5 masks away to charity?  We are leaning on #2, but where would we find good candidates to give away?  KN95 is the Chinese equivalent for N95 but not 100% exact to the spec.   Its better than nothing.  Were trying to prevent a "no good goes unpunished" event.

20 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Crazy, scary stuff

Someone correct me if I'm wrong as this is from some military friends and one National Guard member, the National Guard is there to provide aid and relief....aka handing out supplies, aid, etc. Whereas, the military is the one that enforces martial law.

15 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong as this is from some military friends and one National Guard member, the National Guard is there to provide aid and relief....aka handing out supplies, aid, etc. Whereas, the military is the one that enforces martial law.

The National Guard can be used to keep order. They did so during the Watts riots in ‘65 and the LA riots in ‘92. 

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

I’m not saying this is or isn’t a big deal. I have no idea. Some of these commenters have a different opinion.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/03/21/preparing-for-martial-law-video-of-hundreds-of-military-vehicles-rolling-through-san-diego-by-train-goes-viral/

36 minutes ago, Kevin said:

I’m not saying this is or isn’t a big deal. I have no idea. Some of these commenters have a different opinion.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2020/03/21/preparing-for-martial-law-video-of-hundreds-of-military-vehicles-rolling-through-san-diego-by-train-goes-viral/

I’m hearing they’re Bradley fighting vehicles headed to the border. 

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

This is where hindsight 20/20 gets a little ridiculous. What if I bought a car for the greatest deal of all time and then a few to many months later this happens? No one here can predict the future.

This is why im saying we cant fully point the finger at the feds for not being fully ready to go for this thing.

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

He's not wrong. He just breaks down the science of how it's contracted, the symptoms, what to do, follow the head of the CDC, stay educated as new details and science emerges, and that we need to collect data and where the numbers might be from last week to this week and the ramifications of either little up tick or large up tick. I don't get why people just focus on him being forward that we'll get through this and people are overreacting with the hoarding. It's all common sense.

Even the dude from the Joe Rogan podcast says the same thing that we'll beat this. There is actually more parallels between the two.

Where Dr Drew is wrong is that hes been saying for the last month, and continues to do so, is that this shouldnt be viewed as anything worse than the flu. This is completely false. 

2 hours ago, Redondo said:

The best way to kill coronavirus in cars

Experts are still trying to determine exactly how long the COVID-19 coronavirus can survive on different surfaces, but early indicators are that it can persist for days on hard plastics and metals.

You’ll find plenty of those in cars, which makes disinfecting frequently used ones a priority, especially if multiple passengers are involved. But while the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Environmental Protection Agency have identified several cleaning products that work best on the virus, many of them, like those that contain bleach or hydrogen peroxide, can easily damage a vehicle’s interior surfaces and components and ammonia is bad for touchscreen displays.

However, there’s one category that’s generally fine, according to Consumer Reports: solutions with at least 70 percent alcohol.

A representative from automotive interior parts supplier Yanfeng told the organization that the company uses isopropyl alcohol to clean components in the factory and that it is safe on virtually everything it makes, from plastics to painted chrome and imitation leather.

It can also be used on the surface of fabric upholstery and real leathers, but soap and water are also effective, according to the report. However, scrubbing too hard can remove color, and leather should be treated with a conditioner after cleaning with any product.

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/how-to-kill-coronavirus-in-cars

CLICK HERE FOR THE EPA'S LIST OF APPROVED CORONAVIRUS DISINFECTANTS

Not that this matters (it doesnt), but be careful using too much alcohol on plastics...

7 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

This is why im saying we cant fully point the finger at the feds for not being fully ready to go for this thing.

All the doctors and professionals I have read, watched, or heard from said no one was ready for it or once it hit didn't do enough like we are...aka Italy and their death toll.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

It gets into schematics.

Fun fact. 70 percent of the Army's combat power is National Guard. Same for the Air Guard.

So in a case like this, the Guard has the power to deploy and enforce State Laws, and are under the direction of the Governor, unless federalized. 

So the Guard will be used first, and can be used to suppress riots, chaos, etc. Laws are in place to keep the Feds (Army) from doing the same on US soil, but in the situation were facing, there wont be a choice. The Guard alone wont be enough. (The Guardsman who are cops, fire, nurses, etc wont be called to report).

1 hour ago, Lhalo said:

The National Guard can be used to keep order. They did so during the Watts riots in ‘65 and the LA riots in ‘92. 

Federal troops as well. We had a battle streamer on our old Guidon for "operation compton storm"

8 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Where Dr Drew is wrong is that hes been saying for the last month, and continues to do so, is that this shouldnt be viewed as anything worse than the flu. This is completely false. 

It's a type of strain of the flu. The difference is a pneumonia effect. It can be treated and cured. This isn't the Spanish Flu or influenza. I had the flu last week, but no cough or chest symptoms...just stayed home and cured it and am fine. The problem is the morons that have some aches so they go to hospitals where this is being treated and really catching it and spreading it, plus the government was slow to order home confinement.  

We're not doctors, but I tend to side with him and some other doctors that know more than us and attend these conference calls and updates. He's not as dismissive as people think, he's trying to debunk the media narratives that are click bait and add some simple education and science. I don't get why this is so hard to comprehend unless people simply didn't listen to what he has to say. It's just practical advice and science of the virus.

I'd rather listen to him than someones Twitter posts or made up stories that their buddy posted on Facebook and shared here.