• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

12 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Thats hilarious. I hadn’t seen that. I was referring to the press more than congress. They don’t strike me as being brave souls but seem ok with risking infection. They can go out and work but we should be locked in basement. 

18 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Have any of you who are anti gun reconsidered?

And I dont ask with any judgement, just curiosity. Driving around Im seeing lined out the gun stores. Which is weird, because I figure all the pro gun types already own one, so I assume a bunch of people Im seeing in line are buying their first one.

I consider myself anti-gun, but there have been many times during which I felt I’d like to have one. I definitely feel more strongly about that right now. 

1 minute ago, angelinkc said:

Are they 6ft apart

Looks like it. The last several press conference I watched there were very few reporters and very little yelling for attention like in previous gatherings. When this crisis is over they should maintain the same restricted acess to maintain a more civil proceeding rather than the circus it turned into.

2 minutes ago, wopphil said:

I consider myself anti-gun, but there have been many times during which I felt I’d like to have one. I definitely feel more strongly about that right now. 

I’m armed. I was a little low on ammo but I’ve corrected that problem. 

3 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Maybe you should consider a change in other points of view in light of how society reacts to adversity. 

2 minutes ago, wopphil said:

I got a threatening call few months back about midnight. Probably a prank ir wrong number. Called cops they were not coming out due to snow. I ended up pulling guard all night with my own weapons. Good option to have

20 min ago

There are at least 21,240 coronavirus cases in the US

From CNN's Shawn Nottingham

There are 21,240 cases of the novel coronavirus in the United States, according to CNN Health’s tally of US cases that are detected and tested in the country through its public health systems. So far, 267 people have died. 

The total includes cases from all 50 states, Washington, DC, and other US territories, as well as all repatriated cases. 

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-03-20/coronavirus-county-doctors-containment-testing

Local officials (in LA County and elsewhere) are telling people to stop trying to get tested unless you are not showing symptoms, or just mild symptoms. They are only recommending testing if it would change the course of your treatment. Testing and medical supplies are still low. 

Los Angeles County health officials advised doctors to give up on testing patients in the hope of containing the coronavirus outbreak, instructing them to test patients only if a positive result could change how they would be treated.

The guidance, sent by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health to doctors on Thursday, was prompted by a crush of patients and shortage of tests, and could make it difficult to ever know precisely how many people in L.A county  

The department “is shifting from a strategy of case containment to slowing disease transmission and averting excess morbidity and mortality,” according to the letter. Doctors should test symptomatic patients only when “a diagnostic result will change clinical management or inform public health response.”

4 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Is there any way to punish China for this without screwing over ourselves?

I’d like to see us stop doing so much business with them, and instead return manufacturing jobs to our own country. They understand money pretty well, so that’s the easiest way to hit back.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

I've often wondered about this. Especially India & Nepal, who neighbors China. Poor sanitary conditions, hot/humid weather.🤔

Because its asked both India and Africa (which is huge... not one country)

Not only is it dirty there, like it says, but also very poor.

Has anyone here been tested yet? Now you understand why a place like india isnt reporting a huge outbreak.... yet

AIDS was killing people off in central Africa long before anyone knew it.... they were just undeveloped and poor, and assumed it was like any of the other fevers people routinely died from. 

Put it like this. Its not like Italy is freezing right now.... sure, northern italy has the alps.... the rest is in the med. You can take boats to africa from italy.

Meanwhile, russia, so far, is reporting very few cases.... russia is freezing right now, and has the largest land border with china.

13 minutes ago, red321 said:

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-03-20/coronavirus-county-doctors-containment-testing

Local officials (in LA County and elsewhere) are telling people to stop trying to get tested unless you are not showing symptoms, or just mild symptoms. They are only recommending testing if it would change the course of your treatment. Testing and medical supplies are still low. 

Los Angeles County health officials advised doctors to give up on testing patients in the hope of containing the coronavirus outbreak, instructing them to test patients only if a positive result could change how they would be treated.

The guidance, sent by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health to doctors on Thursday, was prompted by a crush of patients and shortage of tests, and could make it difficult to ever know precisely how many people in L.A county  

The department “is shifting from a strategy of case containment to slowing disease transmission and averting excess morbidity and mortality,” according to the letter. Doctors should test symptomatic patients only when “a diagnostic result will change clinical management or inform public health response.”

This is such bullshit that we are at this point.

There's no excuse for the lack of testing.

Test, test, test.

14 minutes ago, red321 said:

We don’t want to test too much. Germany and South Korea are testing like crazy and the results show this ain’t bubonic plague. Last thing Americans need to know is the truth

18 hours ago, Lou said:

That's awful. Praying that things get better 

Spoke to a nurse who works for the oncologist that my mom used to see. She said they're getting dangerously low on supplies. 

My brother and his wife say the same thing.  Lets just say they're making the most of what they have even if it's not sanitary.  

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Was reading about that last night before falling asleep. Have no idea why theyd want to go that route. Not reporting it to the public? Ok.... you want to avoid panic (i suppose)

But destroying the samples? Denying its contagious? Why?