• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lhalo

• Jason

• St1ck

• tdawg87

I will wear a mask at indoor places.   But, I will NOT wear a mask when taking walks, because if I see someone coming my way, I simply walk out of their way at least 6 feet and continue on.    Wearing a mask while doing an activity like long walks makes no sense, if there aren't many out where one walks.  

58 minutes ago, Jason said:

Save 40,000 lives? If you're going to make up numbers at least make it 50,000. Also, who is going to enforce the mask mandate?

Great question. 

Or do we turn in our fellow comrade like they did in Russia?

I saw something probably within the past month where comedian Brendan Schaub goes on these bike rides out in the LA hills by himself on trails. Then two ranger trucks pull up together like a swat team and tell him he's in violation of CA law. They give him a ticket for biking alone on a trail with no one for miles. He even said the cops felt it was ridiculous, but they are enforced to adhere to laws that are ridiculous. Brendan says, "How much is this ticket, by the way?" to which one of the officers says, "Something like $50."

Brendan says, "Cool, I'll be here next Saturday."

I can't see wearing a mask during physical activities. I had one a bartender friend gave me that was neoprene with some God scripture written inside that I loved. It was breathable and I didn't feel like I was choking or having an issue breathing. But I lost it and have tried some others. Man, fuck these heavier cotton ones. Putting that on someone working out or being active is a death sentence.

Funny how libs slowly move the finish line. No mask, mask indoors, and now mask outdoors. Each step was supposed to increase freedoms and activities yet schools and activities continue to be reduced. We have trumps cure and several vaccines that do provide some levels of protection but continue to be ignored. 

This is typical election time REEEEing.

You can't force people to wear a mask the second they step outside. That's asinine. You can only enforce this in public areas where dozens (or hundreds) of people gather. So, in other words, nothing changes.

9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I can't see wearing a mask during physical activities. I had one a bartender friend gave me that was neoprene with some God scripture written inside that I loved. It was breathable and I didn't feel like I was choking or having an issue breathing. But I lost it and have tried some others. Man, fuck these heavier cotton ones. Putting that on someone working out or being active is a death sentence.

When gyms and workout studios opened up for about a month after the initial lock down I was using a cotton mask and it was terrible.  Between the cotton material and my sweat when I was running I never felt like I could get a full breath as I was practically inhaling the wet mask.  I did some research trying to find better masks for exercising and multiple sites recommend those made from water wicking material and listed some of the better ones available.  Quite a few of them like a lot of exercise equipment in general were sold out but I had luck getting the Adidas ones https://www.adidas.com/us/face-covers-m-l-3-pack/H08837.html

Ended up having them delivered since I didn't want to drive to like Glendale and had them in about a week.  I've yet to be able to use them in a class since studios are still closed but I have worn it out and it's a lot easier to breath in.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm interested in seeing how wearing masks impacts the upcoming cold and flu season. If it really lowers cases of the flu I can see us doing what all the Asian countries have been doing for years. 

Also worth noting that colds and flus are not all the same, just like not every coronavirus is the same.  COVID 19 is particularly airborne and much less likely to transfer via surface exposure.  Some colds and flus are the opposite (anyone with a two year old that touches every surface they come across understands this).

Also, in China they do it because their air quality is awful from decades of poor environmental laws.

26 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

When gyms and workout studios opened up for about a month after the initial lock down I was using a cotton mask and it was terrible.  Between the cotton material and my sweat when I was running I never felt like I could get a full breath as I was practically inhaling the wet mask.  I did some research trying to find better masks for exercising and multiple sites recommend those made from water wicking material and listed some of the better ones available.  Quite a few of them like a lot of exercise equipment in general were sold out but I had luck getting the Adidas ones https://www.adidas.com/us/face-covers-m-l-3-pack/H08837.html

Ended up having them delivered since I didn't want to drive to like Glendale and had them in about a week.  I've yet to be able to use them in a class since studios are still closed but I have worn it out and it's a lot easier to breath in.

Well duh.   You were practically waterboarding yourself.  

38 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Interesting and good to know. I might grab one of these.

My friend that gave me the neoprene one has one similar I use for active stuff, but it has some weird ass lava lamp looking art that looks more like that recent Great Gatsby movie on a mask.

I want to try this one. Any feedback on normal use or working out with it? (I assume if you are alone doing shit at home it's no mask)

29 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Interesting and good to know. I might grab one of these.

My friend that gave me the neoprene one has one similar I use for active stuff, but it has some weird ass lava lamp looking art that looks more like that recent Great Gatsby movie on a mask.

I want to try this one. Any feedback on normal use or working out with it? (I assume if you are alone doing shit at home it's no mask)

No experience working out in it yet because as you mentioned I work out at home or run outside and don't need it.  I will admit that because my wife's job has her working with elderly patients we've worn masks riding bikes along the beach the last so many times because workers at her work started testing positive and she doesn't want to bring it into work.  The Adidas mask from a breathing perspective had zero issues as I never felt like my breathing was impacted while the cotton mask again as GB said felt like I was waterboarding myself.  Obviously heavier breathing while working out would be a better test so one of the days next week I'll throw it on for a few miles of my run and let you know.

On 8/12/2020 at 3:15 AM, Redondo said:

Attacking retail, restaurant workers enforcing mask rules now a felony in Illinois

Assaulting a retail or restaurant worker who is enforcing mask requirements in Illinois has become a more serious offense.

Gov. J.B. Pritzker approved the bill on Friday, which declares the “battery of a merchant is aggravated battery,” according to the Illinois General Assembly website.

Aggravated battery is considered a felony in Illinois, according to FindLaw.com.

illinois-attack-worker-mask-rules-felony

But it's okay to loot stores and get away with it?

11 hours ago, Lhalo said:

I wonder how many of those people died from staying home instead of getting proper medical care due to the shutdown. Oh and 200,000 sounds like a lot but it’s merely 0.06% of the US population. It’s an even smaller percentage if you count the amount of illegals in the country. 

Jesus, if I wanted to hear takes this stupid I'd normally have to follow the Black Lives Matter ding bats on twitter.

6 minutes ago, Randy Gradishar said:

There's also the people whose lives have improved. No more driving, buying the environment a few extra years, spending quality time with our dogs. I saw a study early on that said the virus might be saving lives in China due to improved air quality, though that seemed dubious.

Personally, this has been the best thing to ever happen to me professionally and financially. Potentially saved my life from terrible drivers, too.

Yes, I killed two copperheads in my backyard yesterday. 

9 hours ago, Blarg said:

Yeah, I read the sarcasm but there is a point about sociology of the American way of life and government intrusion. Whatever steps that are taken didn't happen as a iron fist mandate like some of the other more government controlled countries.

In every state, California included, where there were stict mandates put in place there was plenty of push back. There still is even if science says that social distancing, wearing masks, staying out of populated areas whether it be shopping or transportation, that is the only path to infection avoidence. 

I guess fate was written into our societal DNA. Whatever clumsiness was added by intial misshandling still doesn't erase that code. 

But jars says it’s trumps fault, and only trumps fault.